• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Lear

Reaction score
Great! Didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

Yeah, funny how the camera makes us stand unnaturally. Some tailors will clock a customer the moment he enters the shop, not just how he poses in front of the mirror.

Lear

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
It's not just Medtech's stance in that pic -- it's the distorted perspective of the photo. These pics of Medtech and Parker earlier in this thread show a better perspective:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Dino, Parker & I on the mean (and windy) streets of San Francisco. note: I'm wearing a NSM shirt as well, sleeves are being recut approximately 2cm longer.
27727949.jpg
0a2b53c1.jpg
78acbd6b.jpg
36f8d10e.jpg
178ed760.jpg
9632eb7a.jpg

Lear

Reaction score
Nice.

WIll Napoli cut suit my build?
I'd like some opinion on whether Neapolitan (NSM) will suit my build, as it's a departure from my previous stuff. I'm not a 25 year old trying to look super trendy or fashion forward. Opinions on how it might look on the older bloke please. Any thoughts on what I should steer clear of? My previous attempts, although lovely, still don't convey gentleness and delicacy. I'd like a relaxed and gentle look (just like me).

I won't be reunited with my camera for some time, so this pic in leather jacket will have to do for now. I'll soon delete the offending item, so as not to pollute this excellent thread.

Two more suits and I'm out of here.

Cheers again

Lear

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think NsM will look good on you, Lear. Like other Naples styles, it emphasizes a classical masculine physique: sculpted chest, muscular arms, but still soft, light and curvy. I'm short and like this look on me, but I think it also looks good on tall and thin guys. gusvs looks pretty great. As does Manton even though his NsM is leaner than his other suits. Just let Mina know your fit preferences when you meet with her.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also here is Mina's schedule for her July trip to the States: New York 9-11 Boston 12-13 San Francisco 15-16 And a few more more photos. I have a few more things that I'll try to take some pictures of if anyone's interested. First photo courtesy Will.
prkrnsm.jpg
prkr329a.jpg
prkr512b.jpg
prkr512c.jpg
shepherd.jpg
p.s. I'm an older bloke.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker,is the first jacket linen?Looking for something similar bun in cream/tan color,cream glen plaid linen/wool mixture for summer.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, the tan and blue jackets are linen/silk/wool blends. The shep check is lambswool. They're all from Mina's books. I think Loro Piana.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Also here is Mina's schedule for her July trip to the States:

New York 9-11
Boston 12-13
San Francisco 15-16

And a few more more photos. I have a few more things that I'll try to take some pictures of if anyone's interested. First photo courtesy Will.
shepherd.jpg

p.s. I'm an older bloke.

One of the best fabrics I've seen in this one.. So awesome. Nice choices!

gusvs

Reaction score
Parker, very nice jackets! That tan Loro Piana is amazing!

I have a few more things that I'll try to take some pictures of if anyone's interested.

Yes please!

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker, your stuff - and your combining - looks great.

+1 to moar pics, plz.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like other Naples styles, it emphasizes a classical masculine physique: sculpted chest, muscular arms, but still soft, light and curvy.

Always bragging on your physique, bra...
inlove.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously- Mina's stuff looks really good on you.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Parker, your stuff - and your combining - looks great.

+1 to moar pics, plz.

+1 for both!

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads