• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

IronRock

Reaction score
5817736646_c7c3c01fa8_z.jpg

Greylabel

Reaction score
Wow! some great shots. I'm glad I found this thread. Anyway, I do a lot of post processing/photomanipulation so I'm not sure if it will be frowned upon or not. This isn't the only way I take photos as a photographer but it's what I enjoy. Let me know what you guys think.
emptystreets2.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
5817736646_c7c3c01fa8_z.jpg

Nice composition.

Originally Posted by Greylabel
Wow! some great shots. I'm glad I found this thread. Anyway, I do a lot of post processing/photomanipulation so I'm not sure if it will be frowned upon or not. This isn't the only way I take photos as a photographer but it's what I enjoy. Let me know what you guys think.

emptystreets2.jpg

I like it. I don't care too much for hidden symbolism (if any?), but it looks very good, nice details in the dark tones.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

emptystreets2.jpg

Nice shot. I enjoy an artistic shot of making something that is recognizable seem more fantasy like.

gsgleason

Reaction score

emptystreets2.jpg

There is a lot of poor post-processing out there that looks too take. This is not that. It's very well done.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
That would be awesome Szeph.
http://www.nagerblutbad.de/2011/06/tamron-17-50-f28/
I hope it helps. It was done the quick and dirty way. If I find time I will create an split image that shows both lenses with the image split at the middle at f/2.8 so differences in color and image quality will be directly visible. But that might have to wait, I fly to Bangkok tomorrow (where I hopefully can take a lot of nice exposures).

Greylabel

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'll make sure to post more of my work in the future. I'm definitely digging this thread.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
http://www.nagerblutbad.de/2011/06/tamron-17-50-f28/
I hope it helps. It was done the quick and dirty way. If I find time I will create an split image that shows both lenses with the image split at the middle at f/2.8 so differences in color and image quality will be directly visible. But that might have to wait, I fly to Bangkok tomorrow (where I hopefully can take a lot of nice exposures).

!! Thanks for the much more than expected info
smile.gif
I was confused at first why the Tamaron looked wider. I just thought maybe it was taken farther back. I guess I should be looking at a more telephoto lens in that case for portrait photos (although i did want the 17mm
frown.gif
)

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
!! Thanks for the much more than expected info
smile.gif
I was confused at first why the Tamaron looked wider. I just thought maybe it was taken farther back. I guess I should be looking at a more telephoto lens in that case for portrait photos (although i did want the 17mm
frown.gif
)

Well I think that the difference would be less than one step closer which I think would barely matter. The positive side is that I read that the 17mm at the Tamron is wider than the 17mm at the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM.
I guess you could then also look into a generally longer lens like the 28-75mm. I love the 85mm f/1.8 - I guess I mentioned that multiple times - but it's not good indoors on a crop, I have to stand in the kitchen to take a pic of my gf in my tiny living room.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
I love the 85mm f/1.8 - I guess I mentioned that multiple times -

Me too.

5821285464_f442156233_z.jpg

I've been lugging that and the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 around but am flirting with a walking-around lens instead. I like the idea of the 24-70 f/2.8L but not the price tag

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pUZSl.jpg

^
Swivel screen is great:

dqKhq.jpg

I would have tried to make a pic like this anyway, but it's much easier this way, since you can see what you do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics