• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

E TF

Reaction score
I'm looking for a navy cotton cardigan to wear on cooler summer days, preferably one I could buy in London, does anyone have any ideas?

linds_15

Reaction score
what can i wear the orange side of my hermes belt with? i have the blk/orange with the hold H. cant think of many combinations of colours that could pull it off

Scotty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linds_15
what can i wear the orange side of my hermes belt with? i have the blk/orange with the hold H. cant think of many combinations of colours that could pull it off
black-cape-orange-belt-blue-pants_400.jpg
5649683087_decc745a4f.jpg
013502nVZ.jpg
laugh.gif
I'm sorry, I googled orange belt and it only showed me karate guys and these women wearing one. Still, color scheme aplies. ... Don't hate me for this.

Scotty

Reaction score
Being a little more serious, I really like the first and third combination.
It will look good with blue jeans and maybe a white shirt. If you have green pants I think the third looks great (I mean, green pants, light blue shirt) if you can pull it off (I won't).
It seems it's not that difficult to wear although it will always be a little flashy.

sqweegle

Reaction score
Is there anything one should keep in mind when it comes to maintenance of nubuck shoes? Or are they like regular suede?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any overpriced fashion label should be fine. Remember, it's not how it looks on you; it's how much it costs that matters.

Farside

Reaction score
So what's the current thought on suit fitting? I'm looking to get a MTM suit and they offer a classic and contemporary cut. Not sure what to pick.

linds_15

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Any overpriced fashion label should be fine. Remember, it's not how it looks on you; it's how much it costs that matters.
whats the problem here? im genuinely trying to get some suggestions

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Farside
So what's the current thought on suit fitting? I'm looking to get a MTM suit and they offer a classic and contemporary cut. Not sure what to pick.

Did they give you any pics? Whats the difference?

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
477797007_o.jpg

Can someone ID this Seiko MoonPhrase watch for me, thanks in advance.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Say you're wearing a pretty casual cotton unstructured blazer. Is it OK to roll up or cuff the sleeves if you're also wearing a tie? (And would the casualness of the tie, say cotton or linen, factor into the equation?)

Thanks.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems you do it wrong.

You pick your suit, then pick your shoes, then pick your belt. Not picking your belt and then trying to see how to match things with it. If you do the later part, that means the belt with the logo is the central point of focus of your attire. In that case, it seems rather silly.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the problem here? im genuinely trying to get some suggestions

The problem is that you bought a gaudy brandwhore belt not because it looks good, but because it screams how much money you paid for said overpriced belt.

Antonio07

Reaction score
I'm looking for a slim-fitting summer cardigan, anyone have any ideas where I could find such an item? Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads