• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I want to stop wearing sport coats

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not entirely, but I think that I feel more comfortable going straight up suiting. Id keep a few FU pieces, a solid navy, maybe some other solids in the rotation, but maybe just on Fridays or something. I've been thinking about it lately and I think this is where a lot of my problems in "excess" lie. Am I crazy to abandon them?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Not crazy at all...excellent idea...ill PM you my address for you to send all of your sportcoats and blazers to me.
wink.gif

Ive thought along those lines before...but just couldnt do it. sportcoats are just too much fun ya know? Endless possibilities that can really liven up an outfit where a full suit in my opinion wouldnt. Not that a suit couldnt, but the mix of patterns and colors a sportcoat and trousers gives is the cats pajamas to me.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
Not crazy at all...excellent idea...ill PM you my address for you to send all of your sportcoats and blazers to me.
wink.gif

Ive thought along those lines before...but just couldnt do it. sportcoats are just too much fun ya know? Endless possibilities that can really liven up an outfit where a full suit in my opinion wouldnt. Not that a suit couldnt, but the mix of patterns and colors a sportcoat and trousers gives is the cats pajamas to me.

Agreed, but see bolded part - I have too many endless possibilities, therefore creating havoc on the eyes sometimes. I think its time to try and pull in the reins a bit.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I think its time to try and pull in the reins a bit.

Welcome. We've been waiting for you.

Cognacad

Reaction score
40R? Us poor 40R poor students in professional programs have a rough life to lead! Haha.

Seriously though, it sounds like a good idea if you have a few staples.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

artoftime

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
A Tom Ford suit can look as pimped out as any sportcoat.

If you're serious about this, restraint is something you have to find in yourself.

Im not saying I want to change my image or instantly become conservative business dress overnight. Im saying that I find myself making many mistakes when pairing fits with SC's, mostly too much color/pattern/boldness, therefore I think I should eliminate them from my diet until I feel ready for them again. Right now, looking back at my last few SC looks and suit looks, there is a clear difference in what I felt worked.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Yo, thats hysterical you quoted that. Best scene in epic movie. When are we having lunch?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spooker,make a cull my sport coats thread and entertain us,we can tell you what to keep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads