• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skunkworks

Reaction score

Gavin

Reaction score
More markdowns at Sydney's: in addition to the buy one get one half price sale being extended, all Marsell footwear is 30% off and selected Heutchy footwear is 50% off. And shipping within North America is free on all orders over $125
wink.gif

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy Clay Pomade which is normally $18, but amazon has it for $16 no tax. I'd check with amazon before making any purchases with them.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
A visit to Astor & Black

Bad rep on SF.

that whole thread makes me go
eh.gif
Every single "review" of their product seems to be posted by someone with almost no posts on SF (all under 100, and most w/ less than 10 posts), and at least a couple unhappy reviews seem to be at least partially due to the customer not really being clear what they want (ex one guy complained the pants were too low rise + tight)... Not saying the company isn't ****... but the thread would be much more useful with some input by a forum member where we know that he knows his stuff.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
I'd check with amazon before making any purchases with them.
Sound, sound advice. Amazon prime for life. I even buy my deoderant and dental floss from them. Cheaper than msrp almost every time, sometimes significantly, no tax, free 2 day shipping. Not having to pay for gas to go to a brick/mortar, etc. Maybe the state needs my taxes. Maybe brick and mortars need my business. But hey I'm a sheisty mofo and I'm at peace with that. In fact I don't even pay for amazon.com prime. I'm leeching it from a friend who added me as a heterosexual life-friend or something.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
that whole thread makes me go
eh.gif
Every single "review" of their product seems to be posted by someone with almost no posts on SF (all under 100, and most w/ less than 10 posts), and at least a couple unhappy reviews seem to be at least partially due to the customer not really being clear what they want (ex one guy complained the pants were too low rise + tight)... Not saying the company isn't ****... but the thread would be much more useful with some input by a forum member where we know that he knows his stuff.

agreed but the fact someone from the company posted a customers name and ragged on him was pretty terrible. (as was the PR job they tried to spin afterwards)

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Fair enough. There are also reasons why the more experienced members haven't gone ahead and tried their service out, especially since their prices aren't too bad for MC standards. There are simply better makers out there. And
ffffuuuu.gif
on the PR boo-boo.

Originally Posted by driveslowk
I was going to buy Clay Pomade which is normally $18, but amazon has it for $16 no tax. I'd check with amazon before making any purchases with them.

Kelv, how do you compare Baxter's pomade to say Bumble and Bumble or Aveda, assuming you've tried those?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
Baxter of California is giving a 20% discount from now until June 15th, 2011, in honor of Fathers Day.
To take advantage of this offer, use the promo code "DAD" and get 20% off!

- from http://www.shavingstuff.com/archives/cat_baxter.php

Thanks for providing the rest of the info, fail paste on my part.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got some silent shorts I'd been eyeing on lncc..

know I sized them wrong tho...or at least pretty certain. just had to go with the 'better too big than too small' approach...

anyone who may have wanted the silent shorts in ivory (s), and missed them, feel free to PM...

small should measure 29.2" waist

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried Aveda, but I have tried the B&B. The baxter is also matte but has much better hold. The little bottle lasts a long time since you don't have to use that much. Only problem is that it's a bit annoying to wash off your hands/hair but it's not that big of a deal.

Goombi

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. Think I'll try out the baxter. Been using Aveda grooming clay, but hold hasn't been great.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the MMM "permanent collection" items ever go on sale?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does LN-CC deduct VAT for non EU customers? Also looks like they ship with DHL, anyone know how they are with customs fees?

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
Yeah, didn't buy from them and will never buy from them. Check out Razele's encounter with Roden Grey if you haven't, absolutely ridiculous.

link?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads