• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
******* hot. Makes me lazy. I hate 100 degrees plus humidity. My AC has been running non stop, electric bill is going to suck balls next month.
ffffuuuu.gif

Sweat box. Nothing like getting drenched just sitting in your car until the A/C starts blowing cold.

On the bright side, I'll be making my now annual summer trip to Vegas in a week... so I get to go from 100 degrees with humidity to 100 with no humidity. Dry heat ftw!
biggrin.gif

kuslamb

Reaction score
Wow, totally missed this thread. I live in downtown KC, for about another month or so. We have been here for 5 years, and really like KC.

Moving to work with Family in a different state. IF a meet up ever happens, I would probably be interested.

Additionally, if anyone is looking for a lease on a really nice unit @ Wallstreet Tower, feel free to PM me.

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Nooo, renewed my lease yesterday just a couple blocks away
Originally Posted by kuslamb
Wow, totally missed this thread. I live in downtown KC, for about another month or so. We have been here for 5 years, and really like KC. Moving to work with Family in a different state. IF a meet up ever happens, I would probably be interested. Additionally, if anyone is looking for a lease on a really nice unit @ Wallstreet Tower, feel free to PM me.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kc was awesome. Really enjoyed it. Boulevard brewing has some great Belgian style beers, and ended up eating at Blanc burgers and bottles because of the time and their extensive beer list. Burger was good, not great, but had a great time and marveled at how cheap everything was. We then went to the museum and climbed on the shuttlecocks only to be yelled at in a very wizard of oz kind of way. Great city, and suburbs.

rmg512

Reaction score
I'm a temporary KC resident leaving to work out of another office in about a week (London!). The HR director of the company I work for has really gone out of her way to help with this transfer and I want to thank her with a little spa package or massage or something as she gets ready to take some time away from work, also in a week.

Any suggestions for a nice spot? Looking to spend around $100.

Thanks.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The Kauffman Center opens tonight. That's nice to see. Between it, the soccer stadium, and Google broadband, KC had a pretty damn good spring and summer.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sup Kansas City. Took this pic a couple months ago:

285768_10100355051101700_15904009_52089142_1548943_n.jpg

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Saks off fifth in the legends is having a pre-sale event tomorrow. They sometimes have decent finds there, nothing as good as styleforum or ebay prices but may be worth the investment to be able to try things on. The event is a buy one get one free, so would bring their $800ish isaia suits to $400.. not bad

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saks off fifth in the legends is having a pre-sale event tomorrow. They sometimes have decent finds there, nothing as good as styleforum or ebay prices but may be worth the investment to be able to try things on. The event is a buy one get one free, so would bring their $800ish isaia suits to $400.. not bad

Lol I didn't even know this store was open. They have Isaia in there? That's kind of shocking

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Went to the Halls "Big Fall Sale" today which was a joke.

i've been going back and forth on getting a blazer thats been on sale at crown center since august but that is going to cost a bit on alterations so i want to get it for as low as possible!

Does anyone know when they give the big cut on their spring/summer stuff?

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to the Halls "Big Fall Sale" today which was a joke.
i've been going back and forth on getting a blazer thats been on sale at crown center since august but that is going to cost a bit on alterations so i want to get it for as low as possible!
Does anyone know when they give the big cut on their spring/summer stuff?

what's the current markdown level on the blazer? i've seen stuff at crown center go as low as 90% off, but it was like 2 seasons old. the s/s stuff should hit 75% off pretty soon if it isn't already, honestly you might just want to ask whoever is working the floor that day and they can probably let you know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads