• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

colins

Reaction score
Interested in:

MTO02. Ravello Cap Toe Boot
Details: Barrie last, flex or double waterlock sole, full eyelets, antique sole edging

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Can someone post those pictures of the ravello captoes again, the ones in really good light? They were here and deleted for some reason...

triumphman

Reaction score
I'd be interested in a cigar cap toe boot in the plaza last

iotan

Reaction score
I am interested (but not 100% decided yet) in the Ravello Captoe Boot, but to switch things up I would strongly prefer a last other than the Barrie, probably Plaza or maybe even Grant. I second earlier detail suggestions of antique sole edging and the double waterlock sole.

Reaction score
Whiskey Indy for me too. Either commando or leather sole.

Ravello cap toe boot also. Prefer any last over Barrie.

batibot

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm just wondering how long before group buy purchases are normally received? I'm only going to be in the US next month for about a fortnight and would like to pick these boots up while I'm there. =]

Interested in Grant Captoe Boot - Ravello.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by batibot
Hi, I'm just wondering how long before group buy purchases are normally received? I'm only going to be in the US next month for about a fortnight and would like to pick these boots up while I'm there. =] Interested in Grant Captoe Boot - Ravello.
Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Once the order is placed, it generally takes at least 6-9 months for the boots to be made up. Right now, we're just narrowing down ideas, we haven't even gotten a vendor to say "yes" to placing the order yet. It takes a while to organize a large group order, I would be surprised if we even have the orders placed by the time you come and go.

batibot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Once the order is placed, it generally takes at least 6-9 months for the boots to be made up. Right now, we're just narrowing down ideas, we haven't even gotten a vendor to say "yes" to placing the order yet. It takes a while to organize a large group order, I would be surprised if we even have the orders placed by the time you come and go.

No worries then, thanks for letting me know. Guess I'm out of it then lol. Good luck with it.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we're at a point where we can finalize at least two boot designs. Based on initial feedback, it looks like the most popular boots are a whiskey Indy boot on the Trubalance last with a commando sole, and a Ravello cap toe boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole. For the Indy boot, there's still a question of hooks vs. full eyelets and machine vs. hand stitching. For the cap toe boot, there's a leaning toward full eyelets.

If you are on the list for either of these boots and are OK with the last and sole choices, please PM me regarding your preference for the other details (hooks/no hooks, stitching, welts, etc.). I will use those PM responses to put together the final designs.

If you are not OK with the last and sole choices, please let me know so I can remove you from the interest list.

There has been talk of a third design, and a few have shown interest in a cigar boot, but there has not been consensus on general style and other details. My personal preference is for a jumper boot in cigar, but I'd also be interested in a cigar wing tip boot. The latter seems like a good way to round out the trio, as we have an Indy and a cap toe already. Thoughts?

- K

Grainer

Reaction score
I am interested in the Ravello Cap Toe Boot, please add me to the interest list. - Thanks.

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
There has been talk of a third design, and a few have shown interest in a cigar boot, but there has not been consensus on general style and other details. My personal preference is for a jumper boot in cigar, but I'd also be interested in a cigar wing tip boot. The latter seems like a good way to round out the trio, as we have an Indy and a cap toe already. Thoughts?

- K

A cigar wingtip boot sounds like an excellent idea.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renton
A cigar wingtip boot sounds like an excellent idea.
I would be 100% in for a cigar wingtip boot in preferably plaza (but would be open to alternatives) with commando sole. And full eyelets. And antique edge. (basically copying Thor's styling of his new boot on the Alden thread
smile.gif
).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads