• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE Club for JUNE 2011

Gong Tao

Reaction score
I'm in. I put myself on a budget for the year and I've already spent about 85% of it. I will probably be in Hong Kong in the fall and I really want to have some money to spend there. So definitely no purchases this month!

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sing it on the mountain top boys! ...Sign up now..clock is ticking.
smile.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the sign up but I haven't bought anything since April so I'm still good. I'm in for June.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright I'm doing the list later tonight...its too hot in my place right now..have to step out awhile.

Galix

Reaction score
I'm in! (Haven't bought anything those first 8 days)

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This covers clothing, accessories, etc. right?

Paintings are okay, no?

What about real estate?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
This covers clothing, accessories, etc. right?

Paintings are okay, no?

What about real estate?

Anything not clothing related is fine.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Anything not clothing related is fine.
In that case, I may be able to comply through the end of the year. I doubt I can make it through the decade ... but I might try.

JGloger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
In that case, I may be able to comply through the end of the year. I doubt I can make it through the decade ... but I might try.

eh.gif

You're a much stronger-willed man than I. I have trouble going a week without finding something to spend money on (clothing-related, of course.) We'll see how this month goes.

ffffuuuu.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGloger
You're a much stronger-willed man than I. I have trouble going a week without finding something to spend money on (clothing-related, of course.) We'll see how this month goes.
I'm just not a shopper. Can't stand men's stores for the most part. The last time I was in one was in October of last year when I stopped by Paul Stuart to buy socks.

I try to handle everything on trips to London. I was there briefly in late April ... but didn't have time to shop ... too much going on. Not sure if I'll be going back this year. Oh wait, RA is having a 10th Anniversary party in September.

arvidg

Reaction score
Of course, after I signed up for this I realised that I really need a good rain coat. And that my umbrella is broken. I already knew I have too few good socks (and too many bad ones).

Joining the club right after losing 7 kgs (15 lbs) is also a challenge. I've shortened one belt and put more holes in another, not sure if that counts as mending. On the other hand, this may be what keeps me from buying lots of clothes right before I gain that weight right back.

Speaking of mending, is buying shoe and clothing care supplies OK? I'm in the process of switching to Saphir shoe care products, but I don't yet have their black wax. (And I really want a big shoe care box...) Also, I could try and darn some socks, but I don't have much darning thread...

JGloger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arvidg
Speaking of mending, is buying shoe and clothing care supplies OK?

I hope so but probably not. Haven't purchased any clothes but I definitely picked up some leather conditioner and cream polishes (and a couple watches)
facepalm.gif
I think I can make it the rest of the month though ha

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
I'm in!

I forgot that I was in and I epic failed today. Ordered 2 CT shirts and took a pair of AE shoes in to be converted to leather soles
devil.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch...I forgot to do the list of participants...er..umm...later tonight.
Any other infidels? We are mid-way anyway...so time for more confessions.
Hope the rest of you are being strong. I can't believe I have not spent one cent since the beginning of the year...but I am weakening, I can feel it. must..stay strong.....must....

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I traded e-mails with my tailor ... but remain in FULL compliance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads