• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressy Adventure Boots

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
At the moment I am looking for a pair of boots that aren't chelseas or dress boots necessarily. I dont want work boots or timberlands. Im looking for a dressy adventure boot, sort of like the indy. I am also looking to spend under 300 dollars, which may complicate the matter.

Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look, what I should go for, or who I should turn to?

I really don't even know where to start.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Try red wings

I've looked, and It mostly just look like slightly nicer timberland shoes to me. Not crazy about them.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean Chukka/Desert Boots? You can get Clark's for about $100. Or do you mean something like Jodhpur?
KVx00.jpg

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
You mean Chukka/Desert Boots?

You can get Clark's for about $100.

Proud owner of 2 clarks, and a fresh pair sitting in a box in my room.
smile.gif

I'm looking a bit nicer, but same idea"”like a combination between rugged and dressy.

repp_fink

Reaction score
Since the Wolverine 1000-mile and Alden Indy have already been suggested, I'll mention White's line of Semi-Dress boots. Unfortunately, they run roughly $400-500, but the style is a very wearable good middle ground between workwear and dressiness.

Semi_Dress_Brown.jpg

product_detailed_image_30401_841.jpg

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my Wolverine 1000 mile for $325 regular. I am sure you can find a better price though. In fact there was a link sent out awhile ago where they were discounted on your first purchase. I lost the link though.

david123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrounger
AE Bayfield? $350 but you could wait for a sale.

I second this suggestion. They're great.

Mr.Pooter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
At the moment I am looking for a pair of boots that aren't chelseas or dress boots necessarily. I dont want work boots or timberlands. Im looking for a dressy adventure boot, sort of like the indy. I am also looking to spend under 300 dollars, which may complicate the matter.

Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look, what I should go for, or who I should turn to?

I really don't even know where to start.

So you want a non dressy dress boot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

netovargas90

Reaction score
If they're your thing, I think roper boots are a really handsome shoe. You can find some pretty good looking luccheses for around that much if you search.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads