• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't participate much in this forum anymore, just the people that I find interesting. He's someone I will definitely look-up when I'm out east later this summer. I know he wasn't trolling though, that's how he really felt. It seems like it should be easy for everyone to just dismiss it. Don't feed the troll that really isn't a troll! As Pio said, he remembers being 19 and thinking he knew everything....it's probably something similar.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I'm sure dude is a good guy and was just a little heated in the argument. But like Manton said, you can't go against a mod. Ever. IIRC Fok was just talking about the only ways to get banned on the site and he cited 'going against a mod decision' as one of the ways to get a one-way ticket out of here. Unfortunately your friend couldn't swallow his pride and get out of that thread.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like we're in the church while mm is banging on the perspex in the balcony, like in the Graduate?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I'm sure dude is a good guy and was just a little heated in the argument. But like Manton said, you can't go against a mod. Ever. IIRC Fok was just talking about the only ways to get banned on the site and he cited 'going against a mod decision' as one of the ways to get a one-way ticket out of here. Unfortunately your friend couldn't swallow his pride and get out of that thread.

I think we can all agree that's pretty stupid. Granted the mods don't ask a lot of us and generally let things go wild. But, at least it shows that he had conviction in what he was discussing.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 6,000 posts and I have no idea how someone could get so attached to a damn forum that they get themselves shut off entirely. I also have no idea why someone would bother to troll at all. Don't people have lives and fall-back jobs to worry about?

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He wasn't generally a troll. In that thread he was serious at first, then he started parodying Manton, then he had a meltdown.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

So in other words he and you have "straight" gay sex.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it worth reading all 19 pages of the teacher smash thread?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
Is it worth reading all 19 pages of the teacher smash thread?
Only if you have two sharpened pencils handy so that you can jam them into your ears when you're done.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that's pretty stupid. Granted the mods don't ask a lot of us and generally let things go wild. But, at least it shows that he had conviction in what he was discussing.
This is straight out of the MM school of thought where "conviction" is some sort of justification for rank asininity. I hope you enjoy your time with him later this summer.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
This is straight out of the MM school of thought where "conviction" is some sort of justification for rank asininity.

if rank asininity is going to be a ban-able offense on SF, we'd all better look out.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
if rank asininity is going to be a ban-able offense on SF, we'd all better look out.
Perhaps so, but there's a whole lot of people who will be up before either one of us and MM was clearly heading that list.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorta too bad he's gone. I enjoyed his food posts. Kid didn't have anything else going on in his life besides posting in the food & drink forum, which kept me entertained. Can anyone point me towards the posts that got him banned?

Who's going to pretend to be interested in my inane food question posts?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

It wasn't really the same. Lots of people posting in CE -- everyone but me, actually -- posts dumb stuff and thinks they are smart. Read in toto, though, he wasn't doing anything other than trying to egg certain people (*coughMantoncough*) on. His posts didn't even adhere to any sort of internal logic. It's certainly reasonable for you to read his posts deliberately, but that's certainly what I got from them. To me, that fits the definition of trolling, whether or not he's strictly speaking a "sock puppet".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads