• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Still can't find a 44 anywhere!
angry.gif

I guess so. I can't believe I lost them and don't even have a drunken story to go along with it. Now I can't bring myself to by them again so have been eyeing the regular length flight pants instead
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by snake
29" actually. A 46 would probably work, I just don't want it too baggy around the thighs.

I don't think the 46 would be too baggy, maybe like the Roden Grey model, which I think would work for your aesthetic pretty well actually. My size 46 (RIP) fit me like the SSense model pics do.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW2011 stuff looking really spectacular on luisviaroma.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane

Those fur collar Prorsum coats are incredible. In the words of David Cross, "remind me why I'm not selling drugs?"

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LVR used to have very good pricing a few years ago but ever since they started that inclusive tax and customs nonsense their pricing is 20% above US retail.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I think everyone needs a hype piece in their collection just to make them look gullib-, I mean, human.

I prefer to just follow the silly SF flash trends/Internet memes: non-replica GATs, Silent t-shirts, nail rings...I gotta figure out a few more, but I feel like that's a good start.

They tend to be relatively inexpensive, fairly decent-looking, and unlikely to be worn by anyone you see IRL. Also, I think it's funny for some reason.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I prefer to just follow the silly SF flash trends/Internet memes: non-replica GATs, Silent t-shirts, nail rings...I gotta figure out a few more, but I feel like that's a good start.

They tend to be relatively inexpensive, fairly decent-looking, and unlikely to be worn by anyone you see IRL. Also, I think it's funny for some reason.

- Geller dip-dye sweatshirts

Ascent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
The Gareth Pugh stuff looks incredible, especially the coats!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
- Geller dip-dye sweatshirts

Ha ha, yeah, gotta get on that train. I imagine a few will pop up in B&S in the not-too-distant future.

Suicmez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
1500 for mmm hi in b&s made me
rotflmao.gif

Dude sent me a PM justifying his case and explaining how 1500 was somehow "fair" by his logic
confused.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suicmez
Dude sent me a PM justifying his case and explaining how 1500 was somehow "fair" by his logic
confused.gif

How is that a fair price in any way Its not like they were super limited run or anything, staple for a few seasons now etc I paid like 300 euro with shipping for mine
redface.gif

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guy just has a foolproof price droping strategy, y'all jealous

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
someone post the link

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=248363
Originally Posted by skywalker
It took me two years to find them, and I paid over 3x retail buying unworn ones from a fellow sneaker connoisseur. To be honest they don't work well for me, and I'm contemplating selling if there is interest. The listed price is unfortunately how much I paid for them. Size 42. $1500.
Xc8LZ.jpg
Edit:The reworked models they release each season sell for $650, and I've tried to buy those but even those are sold out at every boutique. I own a bunch of low tops and I imagined high tops wouldn't be difficult to wear, $1500 is a lot but $650 is a lot too. You can put sneakers on your feet for $20 at walmart, MMM doesn't do anything magical to justify it being worth $650 (craftsmanship wise). $1500 was worth it for the style and quality IMO aren't matched by any other sneakers, I guess this is relative to your income. I'm not pushing you guys to buy them, I don't have a problem keeping them. Anyways for me it's the same justification for buying kiton at retail, when one could find something of comparable quality at 1/3 the price. I much rather spend 3x as much on an item I really want then 1/3 price on an item that's not bad, again this is probably relative to one's income. Jordan Sneakers may be of value to you, but to me they're tacky, they could be worth $100 dollars to you but I wouldn't buy them if they were $5.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just saw it

"1500 is a lot but $650 is a lot too"

ya except that it's more than double

pure genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics