• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tumblr_lmgojy1S1S1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

belt and shirt are fairly new

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
if you cater to a specific aesthetic that others don't, you can charge pretty much whatever you want

true, I like it a lot either way.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
you and me both. plus, its not well-loved in the forum, which makes me like it even more.

Like other large luxury brands offering menswear YSL makes runway show with interesting pieces so that guys like you will buy boring blue or white dress shirts from them.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
yah, YSL seems really spensive, but not a lot to back it up with.

YSL is less expensive than Lanvin and in line with other lines. It's nothing too crazy if you consider buying Junya, Balenciaga, Dior Homme etc.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Like other large luxury brands offering menswear YSL makes runway show with interesting pieces so that guys like you will buy boring blue or white dress shirts from them.

lol, good point

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really like their outerwear pieces. I find that often a brand is very strong in specific categories - for example, Lanvin and YSL in outerwear, but that their offerings in other areas can be fairly weak.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I got my Geller pants today. The fabric is unbelievably soft.

Excellent. Yet another dagger in my heart (see Random Fashion Thoughts thread for reason), but good pickup. I love(d) those pants.

Originally Posted by thatguymj
I'd go with a 48 for a looser fit or a 46 if you want it a little more 'fitted'. Mind you its a f'in sweatshirt so not sure how fitted you really want it...

I'm a ~39/40 chest and the 48 is a tiny bit tight on me but I have a feeling the 50 would have been too big.

This is good advice. I'm a small in most other brands, 46 in most Geller, and went with a 46 in the dip dye and the fit is what a sweatshirt fit should be, slim with a bit of room without looking like an oversized Champion joint. I don't know how some guys are sizing down. If I sized down, **** would have looked tight and cropped like Buzz Rickson, which I can't stand.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YSL has some really nice bags this season. As a side note, I find it funny that a lot of their cashmere sweaters cost more than their footwear.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cross post from eg thread but i just hit up 40% off EG & Woolrich at bloomingdales.

Dx3uB.jpg

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
YSL is less expensive than Lanvin and in line with other lines. It's nothing too crazy if you consider buying Junya, Balenciaga, Dior Homme etc.

inlove.gif
YSL, Lanvin and Valentino are my favorite. True YSL retail is cheaper than Lanvin. For a wool sweater 500 bucks is not bad. I do like Valentino, only a few saks, Neiman online and NYC Madison ave boutique carry menswear line now.

I will buy blue shirt from YSL.
laugh.gif

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
YSL has some really nice bags this season. As a side note, I find it funny that a lot of their cashmere sweaters cost more than their footwear.

Only signature footwear is the leather boots, with a higher heel compare to other brands men's boots. YSL don't have lots of shoes anyway. Cashmere swear would be priced at 700 up. Wool sweater is 500 or up, depends on style.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewgreg
^^^^^
don't have a boutique near me.

Doesn't matter, all I'm saying is they have plenty of shoes to offer.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewgreg
Only signature footwear is the leather boots, with a higher heel compare to other brands men's boots. YSL don't have lots of shoes anyway. Cashmere swear would be priced at 700 up. Wool sweater is 500 or up, depends on style.
Their location on Rodeo Drive had a cashmere cardigan for $1400. The most expensive pair of boots they had were $1295. It just struck me as odd pricing since high end footwear tends to cost more than high end clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads