• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerbudget

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
a721e5ae.jpg

5e285825.jpg

06404e15.jpg

Hi Spoo,

Awesome sportcoat. Could you post deets on make and fabric and also deets on pants?

Thanks.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Oh - to those who asked - the greenies are Edward Green. Appropriate, no?
wink.gif

Is that Olive Antique? A little lighter in spots than I thought it would be, have you thought about hitting them with different colored polishes? I know Saphir has a couple of shades of green.

Shine on the toebox is nice
cheers.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. At least this month I'll be keeping up the heat (I have to wear tie M-F for a part time job).
Originally Posted by Aaron01
+1 What do you use for your hair Aeglus?
redface.gif

Shiseido Uno wax, and either Shiseido Uno or Gatsby high strength hair spray. Keeps the hair almost perfect all day. I usually take a shower mid-day though so it's almost always redone right around when I take pics.
Originally Posted by southernstyle
Aeglus, do you have double button cuffs and just fold it over on your left wrist for your to be more easily visible?
It's a two-button turnback cuff. So it has to be like that. It's basically a French cuff done with buttons. Most stories say it was invented by Turnbull & Asser for James Bond. I have no idea if that is the true origin (someone like Vox would know) but ever since I was young there's been a lot about Bond that I like, and it's one thing that stuck for me. I'll be redesigning my own though as this shirt isn't quite the way I want it.

E TF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
It's a two-button turnback cuff. So it has to be like that. It's basically a French cuff done with buttons. Most stories say it was invented by Turnbull & Asser for James Bond. I have no idea if that is the true origin (someone like Vox would know) but ever since I was young there's been a lot about Bond that I like, and it's one thing that stuck for me.

I'll be redesigning my own though as this shirt isn't quite the way I want it.

Aeglus - have you seen The Suits of James Bond blog? There's an entry on the two-button turnback cuff, also known as the cocktail cuff, which includes some tips on how they should be made.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^Yes, I was going to try tweaking that design for myself.

Good news everyone. I bought a belt. Hate the collar on RTW shirts with neckties but my one white shirt is still damp from washing. Plus it's hotter today. Not conservative business dress but work isn't really strict about things.
tumblr_lmgopgUeJA1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmgojy1S1S1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmgomfRZfa1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmgohkxHHk1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beerbudget
Hi Spoo,

Awesome sportcoat. Could you post deets on make and fabric and also deets on pants?

Thanks.

Thanks, Corneliani, its a lightweight wool.

Originally Posted by Aaron01
Is that Olive Antique? A little lighter in spots than I thought it would be, have you thought about hitting them with different colored polishes? I know Saphir has a couple of shades of green.

Shine on the toebox is nice
cheers.gif

Its a little early and the proper color name is escaping me... the full length shot though shows the color best. The sun was beating right on them in the closeup. They are darker than that.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Cool enough weather for a rehash of one of my favorite themes: orange and light grey.
- I'm going to have to against the group circle jerk on this. There is something not right about the balance & proportion of the jacket & pants. Not sure whether it is the angle as it's certainly not from your camera & lens set up. - The button spacing could be the issue. But until we see a robot pose - jury is out. - I have noticed that your pants are lack shape? Maybe to full or straight? May I suggest with your next commission to go for a higher rise to make your legs look longer. - I do like the colour combination
Originally Posted by MBreinin
- the shoes do this fit no justice

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wooly Knits & knots
110608138.jpg

1106081141.jpg

110608140.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
... Young is the reason why the movie Bond is more urbane than the book Bond. Young was a bit of the bon vivant and trained the Schwarzenegger-esque Scot Connery.
SNL-Connery.jpg
... - B

Darrell Hammond? That's incredibly subtle. Connery (Hammond) tormenting Trebek (Ferrell) oldog/oldtrix tormenting Manton ...and you post it here in the antithetical Manton thread. Or did you just google "Sean Connery" images and pick the SNL Connery by mistake? Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads