• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

matik23

Reaction score
The battlefield 3 multiplayer gameplayer looks amazing. The new frostbite engine makes the destructible environment more epic. I feel sorry for anyone tha has not played bad company 2 because that game is amazing and shuts on cod in every single way. It's a shame that sheeple will continue to buy a recycled game that had the same bOring formula for 10 years.

This late quarter of 2011 is going to be a problem for me financially. There's just too many good games coming out.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the new wii u

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

matik23

Reaction score
What a fail. I can't believe they're still incorporating activity in a hobby that's supposed to be all about inactivity. Screw this whole movement towards tablet gaming pc too. What a stupid gimmick. And nintendo claimed their new system was geared towards true gamers. This is more casual gaming bullshit.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it looks real good. Still won't buy it though

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My E3 Reactions: (I'm a 360 guy, so that's what I paid attention to, sorry)

The Good:
Halo 1 remake. HolyshitHolyshitHolyShit. I've been waiting for about 5 years for this. Halo 2 and 3 are ok, halo 1 was truly amazing. I can't believe this is actually happening.

Halo 4: Pumped. Hopefully 343 has enough Bungie staff.

SSX Deadly Descents: Haven't been an SSX fan, but this look awesome. (I used to play Amped, so I have a soft spot for snowboarding games.)

Battlefield 3: Was not going to buy this at all, but was really blown away by how good this looks. I may reconsider.

Star Wars Old Republic: Looks good, would prefer them to make a movie instead of a game, based on the cinematic I saw.

Skyrim : Another game I had only passing interest in, until I saw the 6 minute demo. Will be amazing. I'll wait in line for it.

The bad:
Nearly everything else. Uninspired line up, remakes, sequels, and first person shooters.

CoD MW3: I'll buy it probably, COD4 is still in my top 10 games of all time. But I was very unimpressed. I was expecting them to do something to earn the hype they were getting, instead all I get is something that could have been a COD4 or MW2 mission. For me, in the end it will depend on the multiplayer. As I said, CoD4 set the multiplayer gold standard. Fast paced, yet stratgetic, with many ways to play it, and streaks meaning kills meant more. MW2 kinda sucked in this regard, sure they improved things in many aspects (better weapons, cleaner movement, etc), the ridiculous streak rewards turned it from a game of skill to a game of camping and assorted air strikes.

The Ugly:

Kinect. Welcome to console games with rail-shooting boys.
Fable....for kinect??
"Lightsabre, ON".

Hop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
My E3 Reactions: (I'm a 360 guy, so that's what I paid attention to, sorry)

The Good:
Halo 1 remake. HolyshitHolyshitHolyShit. I've been waiting for about 5 years for this. Halo 2 and 3 are ok, halo 1 was truly amazing. I can't believe this is actually happening.

Halo 4: Pumped. Hopefully 343 has enough Bungie staff.

SSX Deadly Descents: Haven't been an SSX fan, but this look awesome. (I used to play Amped, so I have a soft spot for snowboarding games.)

Battlefield 3: Was not going to buy this at all, but was really blown away by how good this looks. I may reconsider.

Star Wars Old Republic: Looks good, would prefer them to make a movie instead of a game, based on the cinematic I saw.

Skyrim : Another game I had only passing interest in, until I saw the 6 minute demo. Will be amazing. I'll wait in line for it.

The bad:
Nearly everything else. Uninspired line up, remakes, sequels, and first person shooters.

CoD MW3: I'll buy it probably, COD4 is still in my top 10 games of all time. But I was very unimpressed. I was expecting them to do something to earn the hype they were getting, instead all I get is something that could have been a COD4 or MW2 mission. For me, in the end it will depend on the multiplayer. As I said, CoD4 set the multiplayer gold standard. Fast paced, yet stratgetic, with many ways to play it, and streaks meaning kills meant more. MW2 kinda sucked in this regard, sure they improved things in many aspects (better weapons, cleaner movement, etc), the ridiculous streak rewards turned it from a game of skill to a game of camping and assorted air strikes.

The Ugly:

Kinect. Welcome to console games with rail-shooting boys.
Fable....for kinect??
"Lightsabre, ON".

Wow...you summed up my thoughts completely (even though you omitted Dark Souls
devil.gif
) E3 was pretty dull this year. The PS Vita/Life has me interested but I hope developers don't try to shoehorn all of the features the system has (the touchscreen, rear touch pads, six-axis movement) into games, like they demonstrated with the Uncharted title.

And the cinematics for Star Wars Old Republic really makes me wish that they would make a CG Star Wars movie (with that quality) or at least a new one set in the universe.

Nananine

Reaction score
You missed Far Cry 3 Journey Prey 2 The Darkness 2 Uncharted 3 X-Com (a huge chunk of me is wary, but it IS Irrational) Bioshock: Infinite's new trailer is great Overstrike has potential because its' Insomniac But the best of the show so far is clearly From Dust:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. ... and, of course, Star Wars: The Old Republic WHICH YOU ALL WILL BE BUYING, YES

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got Deus Ex running again in anticipation for DE3. Bonerfest. What an awesome ******* game; it seems like its a crime to create a game with depth nowadays. Thanks, XBOX

Brian SD

Reaction score
Twisted Metal looks sweetly nostalgic, Uncharted 3 looks incredible as expected, Vita has me hyped beyond comfort, Microsoft's stuff has me shrugging my shoulders, Nintendo's has me cautiously optimistic, and From Dust has potential to be good.

Still waiting for Last Guardian.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brian SD

Reaction score
I personally haven't played or been interested in a Blizzard game in years.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything from the new Twisted Metal though I was a big fan of the second installment (best co-op game in its day) and liked Black quite a lot as well.

I'm usually not a big fan of shooters but Far Cry 3 looked pretty incredible to me. That Skyrim game looks neat too, I guess it doesn't matter if you haven't played the earlier games? Haven't bought a game since Silent Hill 2 was released but I've been getting renewed interest lately and wouldn't mind picking up a PS3 on the cheap when I can find one. There's a bunch of games coming out that look like a lot of fun.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I personally haven't played or been interested in a Blizzard game in years.

I'm pumped for D3. WC3 was the last one I bought I think. I was never a huge SC fan, and don't have the hardware to play it. WoW is something I could get into, but my real life is ridiculous enough at times, I have no need or want to supplement it.

From Dust looks like one of those games that everyone reviews highly, everyone says that you should like it, yet is incredibly boring. Just my view on it.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
From Dust looks like one of those games that everyone reviews highly, everyone says that you should like it, yet is incredibly boring. Just my view on it.
I'm actually excited for this. Chahi created Another World, which was a pretty sweet adventure game back in the day, and the game sounds like Civilization minus the ridiculously aggressive computer opponents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads