• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaoli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Ernesto
ehaberdasher has some nice outwear.

Just a word of warning, eHarberdasher is a great place to shop. But USPS sucks big time. My sportscoat was delivered to Newington Ontario Canada rather than Newington NSW, and sat in Canadian customs for a week before being redirected correctly.
plain.gif

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xiaoli
Just a word of warning, eHarberdasher is a great place to shop. But USPS sucks big time. My sportscoat was delivered to Newington Ontario Canada rather than Newington NSW, and sat in Canadian customs for a week before being redirected correctly.
plain.gif

Frig. Have ordered with them and was worrying anyway. Now I'm freaking out!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took about a month for my Benjamin suit to get here last time... and cost $50. USPS is ass.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xiaoli
plain.gif

I've never had any delivery problems with items sent via USPS (that's US Postal Service), but they do take quite a while. It usually takes at least 10 working days (ie at least two whole weeks) for items to get from anywhere in the US to Brisbane.

Royal Mail and Japan Post, on the other hand, usually manage to get stuff here in five working days/one week.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I found a trench coat in an op shop about 3 years ago. Today was the first day since then that I've worn it. I think I'll be wearing it a fair bit more soon.

Freezing tonight in Sydney even down by the beach. I felt nice though after a meal at my fave Italian hole in the wall - nice chicken parm as it is supposed to be cooked. Missus had the hand made gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce. Upside.

Downside?

Regaled me with stories of her friend's recent trip to Italy - how cheap she said Europe was - and then how come I had never taken her to Italy since 1994 and then I copped it...I am blaming Te Henga.... AUD12 bottle at Vintage Sellers.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruzzi
pink socks, pop, lennier, elvish - thanks for the feedback all, very helpful and I think I'm a bit more comfortable with the peak lapels now. 1 or 2 button is a toughy.

another question - best bespoke or mtm tailor in australia that does a slim modern cut ie. high armholes, narrow lapels? i'm 5'10" 60 kgs with girl arms
biggrin.gif

edit: hmmm i think i might have answered my own question.. patrick johnson?
http://patrickjohnsontailors.tumblr....ons-navy-twill

think he would be able to slim this down for a skinny asian kid?
smile.gif

I'd be guessing that ABAs would be one of their key target audience

Gassyndrome

Reaction score
1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range?

2. Decision time - go with something like these C&J or some MTO RM Williams for the work environment? Grey/blue/charcoal suits.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Having a NiAlma fitting event tomorrow night. Will post on process and will let everyone know how the end product pans out. Those C&J are bluchers/derbys and they are typically associated with country wear. You need something with closed lacing for the office. Something like these.

elvish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gassyndrome
1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range? .
How "slim" are you? Eg a small or? Try lacoste platinum or whatever it's called; the silver croc. I have the opposite issues. I struggle to find a shirt that my chest arms and neck agree on. Everything is too tight but fits the neck then I size up and the collar hangs too low
frown.gif
Polo custom fit and Paul smith/canali slim is pretty much all that fits but the latter are far too much for my budget

"6"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gassyndrome
1. How many people have had good success with Nialma, either measuring themselves or through their fitting service? I'm getting very annoyed with puffy sleeves and baggy armpits from so called 'slim fit' shirts. Are they still doing a deal on their Thomas Mason Black Label range?

2. Decision time - go with something like these C&J or some MTO RM Williams for the work environment? Grey/blue/charcoal suits.

Re: Nialma shirts, Stuart in Melbourne is a great bloke - very easy to work with.

By my 2nd attempt, we got my measurements down to a tee and managed to produce a great fitting shirt. They still have their "get 4 for 3" offer, if that's what you're referring to.

ruzzi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
I'd be guessing that ABAs would be one of their key target audience

lol - i think you might be right
biggrin.gif

sonthach54

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a Melb-based newbie. I'm looking at wool/silk blend trousers from both Incotex and Brioni, with identical wool/silk blends, and pretty much identical prices. Only differences seem to be Brioni has a longer drop, and theirs of the two are a darker charcoal. Does anyone have a preference between this make-up in the Brioni and Incotex, and if so why? Main board didnt seem interested.
TIA.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up an unfortunate rip in the seat of some black suit pants I own.

So I had the rip repaired at Katrina's - but the first time I put them back on and went to bend over they ripped again in exactly the same sport.

What are my options now? Take it back to Katrina's and ask them to do a better job? I know you can get tears "re-weaved" by certain tailors - would that make it stronger instead of a simple repair job? If so, anywhere I can get this done in the melbourne conservative business dress? The tear is an L shape about 3/4 inch each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads