• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floyd $ Mayweather vs Vicious Victor Ortiz Set for Sept 17th

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
What is Floyd so insistent on the blood test before the fight? I "understand" Manny's point of view. He is superstitious. And no matter what you say, you **** with a fighter's mind, he's head is not going to be in the game. So, of course he isn't going to submit to Floyd's "one demand".

I would like to know what Floyd' objection to Manny taking the test after the fight? I think that he has one concern - which is that he think that he might lose, and if he does, even if Manny pops, no one is going to remember that. This suggests that Floyd is altogether confident in his ability to beat Manny. Because if Floyd beats Manny, no one is going to care if Manny pops. If anything, it would add to Floyd's reputation.

Floyd is superstitious about manny being on steroids, but you want to overlook that too.

Not much to talk about here. It seems like you rather support manny's ignorance than support a pioneering effort to make the sport cleaner.

Enjoy the fight though. I know you'll be watching.

Originally Posted by NorCal
Running scared. . .
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...dducking072710
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ther.pacquiao/
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28235&more=1

Basically, Pac has even agreed to testing all the way up to the fight. Floyd has also been offered 65 million. Floyd is lying about any and everything he can to milk this for all it's worth.
So Pac has agreed to every one of his stupid testing demands, and Floyd is being offered a ton of cash to fight and yet he still won't sign the fight. Dude is straight up scared to fight Pac Man.

Yes, manny is so sure of how much he agreed to testing that he couldn't even say he agreed when a fan AZZked him in front of a crowd to please take the test.

He replied with some junk along the lines of, "uhhhhmmm, you have to BELIEVE my power is natural."

Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Yep. This fight, if it ever happens, is very likely to go to decision. Manny is going to be stalking all night, and Floyd is worried that the judges will award aggression even if he "outboxes" Manny.
You can't stalk someone if you don't know how to cut off the ring. I don't know how much you actually watch manny's fights, but he needs the space in the center of the ring to fully get off. The problem is the center of the ring is where "boxing" does its best. No one "outboxes" Floyd.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol at mayweather's pioneering effort to make the sport cleaner.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Floyd is superstitious about manny being on steroids, but you want to overlook that too.

Not much to talk about here. It seems like you rather support manny's ignorance than support a pioneering effort to make the sport cleaner.

Evidently, you don't know the definition of a superstition. Floyd is suspicious of Manny being on steroids, which is very different from being superstitious about anything. Anyway, if he is so confident in his ability to beat Manny, Manny can't cut off the ring, he will outbox Manny, etc... what does he care that Manny would be on steroid's anyway?

I'm not supporting Manny's ignorance. I just think that Floyd's insistence on when the drug tests should take place are a smokescreen. Basically, he wants to retire without a loss, and he's hinged on this one thing to avoid the one fight everyone agrees would be a real test.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The drug testing thing aside, does anyone believe that Manny is a better boxer than Mayweather?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
The drug testing thing aside, does anyone believe that Manny is a better boxer than Mayweather?
Hell No, all things considered PBF should dismantle pacman. But Pac has the best chance of knocking PBF the **** out, especially PBF gets tagged because he's slowed down. I just keep remembering roy jones jr looking invincible then getting ko'ed the **** out with one shot. At the very least PBF will taste sustained power shots, something he's never really had to deal with. Those are the kind of fights that slow you down career wise. PBF's father had first hand ringside views of Hatton's career basically ending with one punch from pacman. It must of been scary as **** seeing a potential fight where it could happen to his son. There's even footage of Sugar Shane mosely asking to end his fight with pacquiao after taking a sustained beating.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. pacquiao basically puts these older fighters into retirement. PBF is actually doing the smart thing and positioning any clash with pac so that it could be his last fight(s).

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Floyd has learned mm84321's secret to avoiding physical confrontation.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I applaud Floyd for facing a live young fighter with serious power, coming off of a huge win. You're kidding yourselves if you don't think this is a high-risk, low reward fight. Let's hope this is a tune-up for the Pac fight.

Floyd may or may not be ducking Manny, but in the process, he's taking more challenging fights than Manny is.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
I applaud Floyd for facing a live young fighter with serious power, coming off of a huge win. You're kidding yourselves if you don't think this is a high-risk, low reward fight. Let's hope this is a tune-up for the Pac fight.

Floyd may or may not be ducking Manny, but in the process, he's taking more challenging fights than Manny is.

kinda have to agree here. ortiz is coming off of a huge win after his previous fight. this is not a "tuneup!"

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Evidently, you don't know the definition of a superstition. Floyd is suspicious of Manny being on steroids, which is very different from being superstitious about anything. Anyway, if he is so confident in his ability to beat Manny, Manny can't cut off the ring, he will outbox Manny, etc... what does he care that Manny would be on steroid's anyway?

I'm not supporting Manny's ignorance. I just think that Floyd's insistence on when the drug tests should take place are a smokescreen. Basically, he wants to retire without a loss, and he's hinged on this one thing to avoid the one fight everyone agrees would be a real test.

Floyd agreed to all of manny's silly demands like 10million dollar penalty for each potential pound overweight, etc. manny is AZZked of ONE demand by Floyd ever since last year, but he still refuses.

Everyone knows Floyd is in the game to get paid first and supposedly doesn't care as much about the fans, but he was down to accept and compromise to manny's demands. manny on the other hand runs around selling himself as the peoples champ but can't even make one single compromise to make a fight the world wants to see.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
lol at mayweather's pioneering effort to make the sport cleaner.
It's called leading by example. When you're the prizefighting kingpin like Floyd, you have the power to make improvements in the sport. People are more willing to follow those at the top.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's called leading by example. When you're the prizefighting kingpin like Floyd, you have the power to make improvements in the sport. People are more willing to follow those at the top.

There's drinking the Kool-Aid.....

and then there's this. Wow.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahaha.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what EVERYONE wants to know. No one can say who's better. We all just want the fight to happen (except Mayweather).

Blood work 2 weeks before the fight and then IMMEDIATELY after the fight should be sufficient for anyone who's concerned about steroids.

Floyd is scared. There's no way to argue this fact.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He has better offence, that's for sure. TyCoon will likely chime in here and say that Money, in addition to being the greatest human being to ever walk this earth, is also a far better offensive boxer as well and Manny is just a wild puncher.

In reality Manny is one of the best punchers of his generation and May is a world class defender. That's been the tale of the tape since talk of this fight started years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics