• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_Merick

Reaction score
Long time lurker. Don't think I have ever posted a fit. Will only be wearing a suit a few time between now and October, hence the casual fit today. Critique/comments are always welcome. Have a great afternoon!

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Welcome. Good to see another Philly guy here.
90 degrees today. Going to be 100-105 on Wednesday and Thursday. Wow. Shirt is ecru. Details

J Darnielle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Al_Merick
Long time lurker. Don't think I have ever posted a fit. Will only be wearing a suit a few time between now and October, hence the casual fit today. Critique/comments are always welcome. Have a great afternoon!

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

Looks good. Details on everything?

uklfstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I forgot the tie photo today. But was a dark brown waffle-y thing on a light blue shirt. Boots need a good brushing.

prkr1.jpg

prkr2.jpg

like the shoes:stylish

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
My gray DB doesn't look as nice as Aeglus's.
frown.gif

DSCF7786.jpg

I like this, but I would love it with a Half Windsor to fill out the spread and be in better proportion to the lapels. But you certainly have a knack at pulling off a DB.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
RE: StanleyVB

He's been getting this advice for three years and continues to ignore it!
teacha.gif

Wrong.

I have plenty of shirts with taller collars and have posted them on several occasions.

However, this "advice" is just a great example of the algorithmic approach to dressing failing to work on an individual level. Everyone has a knee-jerk reaction and thinks this is brilliant advice yet fails to play it forward.

If I get a taller collar, the next thing people gripe about will be that my slim ties aren't proportionate to my large collar.

Then if I get a wider tie, people say the tie is way out of proportion with my slender frame, that I should get a narrower tie (and probably a smaller collar to match)!

So rather than going in circles, I simply reject the notion that there is somehow only one exact shape and size collar that I should be wearing. I have a bunch of variety in my collars and ties now, and sometimes this will include shirts with smaller collars to match slimmer ties, sometimes it will be the opposite.
teacha.gif
(<-- this means I'm right)

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz
251268_10150626448715061_610150060_19045825_8213140_n.jpg

Always, you hit all the right notes. Deets on the tie? I have a BB that looks very similar.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Good gosh Spoo ... windowpane + green shooz + patterned tie + green square. This reminds me of the Doc Holliday (?) sig. Something about when different patterns and colors are thrown together, it should still look harmonious. This just doesnt. Again a case of trying to sneak in too many "tricks" Its like you go from conservative business dress to full blown zany in the quest to find yourself ... lol.

You have the ability to be such a better dresser than you are allowing yourself to be bruv. You have a flare for color - which many here don't. Combine it with a little restraint and you would be GREAT!!!

See... there you go. You nailed it. Color, not an issue for me (most of the time lol). I do look at color more than anything else - pattern, material, texture, etc. Color for me comes first. Thats where I need to take a step back and say - hey - scratch a bit beyond the surface.

Part 2 of that problem is I am drawn to excess and unusual items. If faced with a rack of solid ties and a rack of patterns, Id snatch the whole rack of patterns. Multiply this logic by shoes, jackets, shirts, etc... and well, you have a whole mess of patterns. Its like I am a pattern hoarder
lol8[1].gif
But this I realize and am trying to incorporate a bit more restricted eye when making purchases.

Its not about "tricks" though - Like Ed said yesterday, I like to experiment, and its clear that I am nowhere near a conservative business dress enviro. I'll take the losses with the wins, as long as I can take that mental note what ******** up this time. I just have a lot of unusual ****, that looks even more unusual when all put together.

tl;dr - Great fuckin advice bro - you put it better than most - and I owe you a drink next time you hit teh Apple.

i don't think he looks bad either. I think he has the opportunity to look GREAT. I highly doubt Spoo wants to look "ok"

Damn skippy son
fistbump.gif

Oh - to those who asked - the greenies are Edward Green. Appropriate, no?
wink.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Octoberfile
Navy blue pinstripe. Although, looks almost black from photos.

1243_a.jpg

1252_a.jpg

1242a.jpg

1238a.jpg

McFly??? Is that you???

- Your tailor could probably fix that right shoulder. Its a touch too wide.
- Nice combo up top ... not so much with the shoes.

You never like these shoes.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by mcobinad
Nice colour suit & tie mike. Keep posting
cheers.gif

Dude, I have been carpet bombing this forum with pics for the last year. Where have you been?
smile.gif

I am trying to keep it down to once or twice a week.

Thanks though!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Very nice suit/shirt/tie combo. Muted but pleasing colours.

Thanks, HF.

Originally Posted by artoftime
awesome
bigstar[1].gif

smile.gif
Thanks, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads