• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NeedMoney
What can you wear with Chino shorts from J. Crew.

I'm in college so I still wear some nice flip flops but I was wondering about shoes.

Wear boat shoes, or if you must, sneakers. There is no such thing as "nice flip flops".

NeedMoney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Wear boat shoes, or if you must, sneakers. There is no such thing as "nice flip flops".

Sneakers/Running Shoes over this?

product-images--eac96fa62dea3f1b9ed383bcbcee2888d56dd6f6-ecdd11b2cb26e68a--jpg_sqthumb_180--mensshoes-clarks-sandals-cayo-fabric-thong-sandals-men-apos-s-shoes.jpg

But I like the boat shoes idea, thanks!

NeedMoney

Reaction score
lol

Uhhh, I don't know now about converse...the boat shoes are okay but I was wanting to go in a different direction.

Reaction score
Any idea where Luke Pritchard got this t-shirt? Can someone tell me the brand or did he rip it himself?

Timmbo

Reaction score
wdywt.jpg
got an interview for an internship at a headhunting company in a few days, is this too plain? colours are a bit off in the picture; the suit is navy and the tie is a bit darker irl.

feastmaster

Reaction score
Not sure if Paul Smith belongs on the Men's Clothing side, but is $267 a good price for a pair of his shoes? I don't remember in they are cap toe or more of a wing tip. Does anyone think I can get them cheaper? They're at my local Bloomingdales.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NeedMoney
lol

Uhhh, I don't know now about converse...the boat shoes are okay but I was wanting to go in a different direction.

Converse - OK
Purcells - better
Stan Smiths - best

IMO of course, but flip flops should not be worn unless you are within fifty feet of a pool or beach. time to grow up.

xanatos

Reaction score
Just got a pair of Tod's Gommini loafers and wondering what the best suede protectant I should get to put on them. Anyone know which brand the group suggests to use, or any at all?
And how should I care for these too? brush them every week or so? I've looked on all the how to stuff on youtube but nothing for these exact shoes.

LJubel328

Reaction score
I am looking to buy fabric to have a suit made. I did some searching on here but couldn't find a answer. Could someone please tell me how much fabric you need to have a suit made?

Thanks!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pellle
Can someone tell me what is the situation with Malford of London? The site is closed and I can't access his thread here. I ordered a suit from him and he sent the wrong size, but now won't answed to my message.. I would just like to change it.

I believe he posted to say he's closing up shop.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LJubel328
I am looking to buy fabric to have a suit made. I did some searching on here but couldn't find a answer. Could someone please tell me how much fabric you need to have a suit made?

Thanks!

That depends on your size and what you want made. I wear a 44R and my tailor said I needed 4 yards for a single breasted suit

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timmbo
wdywt.jpg

got an interview for an internship at a headhunting company in a few days, is this too plain?

colours are a bit off in the picture; the suit is navy and the tie is a bit darker irl.

I think it looks good but I would get a brighter color tie though.

Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads