• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
these wont be popular with everyone

Undefeated x Converse Chuck Taylor Ballistic
undefeated-converse-chuck-taylor-ballistic-1.jpg

undefeated-converse-chuck-taylor-ballistic-3.jpg

i would paint over the logo on the side

what color is that? navy or black

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zach_a
JP Racearounds, then, if you're not feeling the toe-cap...

cons_jplopro_wht1.jpg

Very comfortable, especially for Converse

Are these sold worldwide? I know a few stores that sell JPs, but they're the ones with the toe cap. The only others I've seen close to these are the navy and brown leather ones.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
^those racearounds look pretty terrible from that photo compared to standard JPs, I would hope they look much better in person if anyone's seriously considering them.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
^those racearounds look pretty terrible from that photo compared to standard JPs, I would hope they look much better in person if anyone's seriously considering them.

It seems the standard JP toe cap is either love it or hate it for most here (and seems like more hate it)... I personally like it but the canvas racearound is near the only alternative to those who don't like the other toecap... I like the canvas navy racearounds better than the white as well, but don't own any of the canvas racearounds. I only have the black leather hi's.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Hey yo I was looking for a pair of chucks that were online as far as a few weeks/month ago, but now I can't seem to find them... they were basically your typical black Chucks, except they were called 'vintage' or something. So the rubber had a yellowed tinge (similar to when they yellow from the sun, but subtle) and the black was sort of lightly faded to a uniform dark gray. I believe the All Star side patch was the classic red/white/blue lettering. I just can't seem to find these, on Zappos, 6pm or Amazon or even google. I've found similar, but definitely not the exact one I'm looking for. There's also a blue and I believe a gray model where again, the colors are taken down a notch, so the blue is softer and the grey is lighter. They aren't ripped/torn/frayed or overly 'distressed'. I almost want to say it's kind of a wash. Anyone recall these and/or what they were called? They were definitely out in the past year. And I'm definitely not thinking of the ones that have vintage in the name that have ugly pinstripes. These look like they could have been black chucks from the 70's and sat around forever, just slightly used, exposed to the elements, but 'new'.

EDIT:
After somewhat extensive research (as 'extensive' as you might call researching Chucks) I believe they are called Chuck Taylor Stonewashed Hi in 'jet'. Looks like they are sold out/don't exist nearly worldwide, with a couple UK/ebay places still maybe selling them. Anyone in the US seen these/still have them around??

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
I've been wearing these quite a bit lately. Loving them:

1258921-p-DETAILED.jpg

What are these?

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Think those are part of the 'cup sole' lineup.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best place to get the low ox's for cheap? I need a new pair for lifting.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a pair of brand new in box totally unworn CDG Play X Jack Purcells in cream canvas with black heart I'm planning to throw up to B&S, eBay, or Sufu if anyone is interested here. Not available in the states yet, I bought them from DSM. Size 9 US. PM if interested for price.

Sorry to shill in here, thought there might be interest. They've been sitting in my closet for a week or two.

asr10 user

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Out of genuine curiosity, why dyou use Ox's for lifting?

I can answer that... Because they are very flat and stiff. So its perfect for squats and deadlifts when you need your feet to remain flat and not cheat. Or you can go barefoot.

On another note, I am looking for either all red or all blue chucks. Everything one solid color, laces sole everything. Ive seen pics of Chuck Taylors like this, but dont know where to get them. Any ideas?

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
What's the deal with these Converse Addict shoes? Sold in Japan only, sucks for me, but why are they $400? I saw a pair on eBay that are the most beautiful plain Navy Chucks, they just look to be crafted with a bit more detail and perfection. But I'd still think that'd only rate a street price of like $100, so I really don't get the markup. How does the quality material add up to a $350 markup? I really don't understand Converse' business practices, or I guess, Nike's business practices regarding the Converse name. Why not make them available here? Why not make them affordable? Who buys $400 Converse as a status symbol? They need only ever be beater shoes...
IMG_1726.jpg
motherfuckin' drooooool

JL77

Reaction score
They retail for about $200-$250 in Japan. That eBay price is inflated because they're not available in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics