• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
only thing ive ever done is fell in mud with my waxed odyn vovk jeans while drunk of course.

moar distressing

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once, while, yes, drunk, I passed out in someones backyard wearing Dior jeans, YSL sneakers and some t shirt, during the night it rained like ******* mad. In the morning I was sunk like 4 inches deep in straight mud. Was terrible.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
What are you guys doing to your clothing? Disaster stories please

I have a decent one of these....

A friend of mine who is a VC in Silicon Valley rented a private jet/hotel suites, etc for a group of maybe 10 of us to go to Vegas for his 30th bday party. I was so excited to 'ball out' in vegas that I brought a custom made Zegna suit that I just had made for my sister's upcoming wedding.

Apparently, after not really sleeping or eating for a day or 2 and ingesting far too many substances, someone gave dropped at hit of E into my drink while we were at some club.

Fast forward to the next morning when I woke up IN A ******* CLOSET still dressed in my new suit. A few friends for some reason were passed out in my room. The whole thing was confusing and as I got up out of the closet I realized I had torn my entire suit jacket basically in half.
laugh.gif
They told me they had to walk me home from the club bc I was so out of control.

I was later told that I was trying to fight people and got thrown out of both the VIP, the club, and later the hotel the club was in. Whoops. Oh, and to top it all off, I had bought an $1800 bottle of Cristal that I didn't even drink a sip of.
facepalm.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
anyone know what a size 29 waist would wear in these Silent shorts? XS?

Thanks!

hey slack, i dont have the shorts but i have a pair of jeans from a season or two ago. i bought a 30 and they measure 16'' across. prob best to go with an xs. id like to hear some feedback on these, was tempted by the grey but didnt get them bc if you sweat...well we all know what happens then
laugh.gif

also, if its the same cotton on the silent hoodies, it is some of the best stuff ive felt!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
hey slack, i dont have the shorts but i have a pair of jeans from a season or two ago. i bought a 30 and they measure 16'' across. prob best to go with an xs. id like to hear some feedback on these, was tempted by the grey but didnt get them bc if you sweat...well we all know what happens then
laugh.gif

also, if its the same cotton on the silent hoodies, it is some of the best stuff ive felt!

Should report in, in a few days or so... a little torn on color myself right now

also gonna see what happens at A.R. tonight and make some [really quick] decisions from there..

thanks as always snow..
fistbump.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I think everyone needs a hype piece in their collection just to make them look gullib-, I mean, human.
It's fashion my dude, it changes, slowly or not. There's nothing particularly crazy about having pieces that are of the moment, unless you store everything for two yrs before wearing it.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience giving up their seat on a flight for a so-called "voucher"? I flew from LAX to Atlanta last year and gave up my seat for 2 round trip vouchers. There's fine print on the voucher that says that seats are subject to "capacity control". I've called 3-4 times and haven't been able to book a flight, Airtran's excuse is that only a few seats are given to vouchers per flight and there are none for any days in the entire 2 weeks that I want to go.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of kopping a few pieces of M.A+ every season seeing as my spree is going to wind down soon

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Anyone have experience giving up their seat on a flight for a so-called "voucher"? I flew from LAX to Atlanta last year and gave up my seat for 2 round trip vouchers. There's fine print on the voucher that says that seats are subject to "capacity control". I've called 3-4 times and haven't been able to book a flight, Airtran's excuse is that only a few seats are given to vouchers per flight and there are none for any days in the entire 2 weeks that I want to go.

I did this, but I got basically $600 towards any flight I wanted. Sounds like they got you with hose vouchers.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha <3 you man You will always be the greatest shah in my eyes
inlove.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I just don't want you to stop stealth kopping so I discourage your motivation to cease. This forum would die a little without your picture-less purchases that far surpass what many others have offered to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics