• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhilly8982
Nice suggestion on the AE strands. You guys are brutally honest and I think it is great.

why do you want to wear brown shoes at a wedding? is this a murican thing?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
why do you want to wear brown shoes at a wedding? is this a murican thing?
Let's get him on the right track with clothing in general and then work our way towards event specific attire later on.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Recoil
Let's get him on the right track with clothing in general and then work our way towards event specific attire later on.

aye, aye, sir.

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
I agree with the AE Strand suggestion (in Walnut)

Strand-Euro-Glamour.jpg

Your tie & shirt combo is acceptable for now. Buy some new shoes first.

+1

It's the shoe style more than the shoe color that makes the combination awkward.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
I like everything except the shoes. Get the AE's and it will be super.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown is for farmer.

+1 for Strands. Those shoes you posted are really ugly.

alexanduh

Reaction score
try a less loud tie.

jhilly8982

Reaction score
ok, so I spent some time looking at shoes, came home with these. Not sure if I want to spend the money on AE's right now because I wear dress shoes probably 4 times a year. Are they dressy enough? Are they ugly? Not sure how I feel about the seam down the toe but such is life. Anyways, you guys are the experts so let it rip.
DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Also, pulled some more ties out of my closet, here is the best I could come up with. And to the person tha said my first tie looked cheap, it is an Ike Behar and was fairly expensive and is a quality tie, pics are hard to judge though. Personal preferences aside, it might be a little loud for some.
DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Or I might just go with a plain white shirt and this nice seven fold tie on the right.

DSC_0081.jpg

kcshuffle

Reaction score
The shoes are getting closer, though a lot of people around here dislike the split-toe so you might not get the best responses. Burn the tie in the middle, unless you matching cuffs
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads