• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floyd $ Mayweather vs Vicious Victor Ortiz Set for Sept 17th

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reserving this thread for the future. Yes, they'll both be doing Olympic Style Drug Testing.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ortiz is an exciting fighter with a lot of heart, but really man, hes just going to be outclassed here.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Floyd is clearly scared of fighting real competition.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tune up for Pacman? Floyd isn't getting any younger. I wonder if he'd trade one loss for the better part of $100M.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Tune up for Pacman? Floyd isn't getting any younger. I wonder if he'd trade one loss for the better part of $100M.
we'll see after the payouts for the legal cases Money has on his plate. it was basically financial troubles that had Money un-retireing the first time. hopefully Money will settle all the cases up and then be not distracted [legally/financially] for this fight or any future fight.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I can't get my head around how much these guys make.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
Floyd is clearly scared of fighting real competition.
Because he's a fighting a young guy who just came off a great win and took away someone's zero in the process?

That's what great fighters like Floyd Jr and Bernard Hopkins do.
Originally Posted by ramuman
Floyd's had one request ever since January of last year. He even repeated that same request live again on HBO PPV immediately after the Mosley fight for the whole world to hear:
x2_652152a.jpg

Let see if you stick with your prediction on who wins that fight after Marquez troubles manny again.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Because he's a fighting a young guy who just came off a great win and took away someone's zero in the process?

That's what great fighters like Floyd Jr and Bernard Hopkins do.
Floyd's had one request ever since January of last year. He even repeated that same request live again on HBO PPV immediately after the Mosley fight for the whole world to hear:
x2_652152a.jpg

Let see if you stick with your prediction on who wins that fight after Marquez troubles manny again.

Manny has this wierd thing about his blood, you know that. Look, if Floyd isn't scared of losing a fight, and like you've contended so many times, if Manny's weaknesses are so glaring, then just fight the man. You don't have to worry about a guy being on roids if you can beat him handily. I personally think that it would be a competitive fight - the most competitive of both their careers, and let the best man win. If nothing else, it would put to rest all that talk about Floyd being scared.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Manny has this wierd thing about his blood, you know that. Look, if Floyd isn't scared of losing a fight, and like you've contended so many times, if Manny's weaknesses are so glaring, then just fight the man. You don't have to worry about a guy being on roids if you can beat him handily. I personally think that it would be a competitive fight - the most competitive of both their careers, and let the best man win. If nothing else, it would put to rest all that talk about Floyd being scared.
It also puts the talk about manny being on steroids to rest, but he doesn't care and rather try to fight Floyd in the courtroom.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
It also puts the talk about manny being on steroids to rest, but he doesn't care and rather try to fight Floyd in the courtroom.

It's quite clear Manny wants to fight Floyd more than the other way around.

Floyd's clearly looking for excuses. It's not like Manny is rejecting blood/drug tests.

What is wrong with taking blood immediately after the fight? Does Floyd seriously think its plausible that Manny would do some blood exchange right after the bell sounds?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
It's quite clear Manny wants to fight Floyd more than the other way around. Floyd's clearly looking for excuses. It's not like Manny is rejecting blood/drug tests. What is wrong with taking blood immediately after the fight? Does Floyd seriously think its plausible that Manny would do some blood exchange right after the bell sounds?
If Floyd was looking for excuses, why has he only had one request ever since LAST YEAR, take them tests with no cutoffs!? manny on the other hand has said I'm scared of needles > blood tests weaken me > nvm, I won't allow Floyd to dictate the rules > I agree to 14 days > I agree to no cutoff > Actually, I only agreed to 7 days. He even goes onto national television and says it's fine with him if the fight doesn't ever happen, believing that his "legacy" and "accomplishments" makes it excusable for him to not ever fight Floyd. Would you slide on a condom right after **********? That's why.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OH MY GOD, NOT THIS DEBATE AGAIN!!!!!!

Manny was/is probably juicing and Floyd is afraid of fighting him or anyone else he thinks can beat him. Period, period, period.

Now close this thread.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Floyd so insistent on the blood test before the fight? I "understand" Manny's point of view. He is superstitious. And no matter what you say, you **** with a fighter's mind, he's head is not going to be in the game. So, of course he isn't going to submit to Floyd's "one demand".

I would like to know what Floyd' objection to Manny taking the test after the fight? I think that he has one concern - which is that he think that he might lose, and if he does, even if Manny pops, no one is going to remember that. This suggests that Floyd is altogether confident in his ability to beat Manny. Because if Floyd beats Manny, no one is going to care if Manny pops. If anything, it would add to Floyd's reputation.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Running scared. . .
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...dducking072710
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ther.pacquiao/
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28235&more=1

Basically, Pac has even agreed to testing all the way up to the fight. Floyd has also been offered 65 million. Floyd is lying about any and everything he can to milk this for all it's worth.
So Pac has agreed to every one of his stupid testing demands, and Floyd is being offered a ton of cash to fight and yet he still won't sign the fight. Dude is straight up scared to fight Pac Man.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I would like to know what Floyd' objection to Manny taking the test after the fight? I think that he has one concern - which is that he think that he might lose, and if he does, even if Manny pops, no one is going to remember that. This suggests that Floyd is altogether confident in his ability to beat Manny. Because if Floyd beats Manny, no one is going to care if Manny pops. If anything, it would add to Floyd's reputation.
Yep. This fight, if it ever happens, is very likely to go to decision. Manny is going to be stalking all night, and Floyd is worried that the judges will award aggression even if he "outboxes" Manny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads