• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 100 Best Tailors in America

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread lends an air of credibility to all other top-whatever lists posted in magazines.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
SF: The one guy who a few SF'ers have used (Enzo?)

Enzo Caruso? He's in LA.

David, the Sleevehead blog might be a good place to look also as the author has visited many tailors.

--Andre

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DavidWatts
Fantastic, voxsartoria. Yelp was going to be a last-resort way to gather additional names to research. I wasn't looking forward to it, though. Now I can avoid it altogether. Thanks!
Note please that some of the top names in the business are not members of cdta.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What you will find is "tailor" of the era we are in is more MTM than made in house type of custom work that most will think of when they think of a tailor. The CTDA did a survey in the late 80's early 90's of shops across the country offering custom clothing or clothing made to order. Less than 5% of the shops said they made the clothing on site, everything else was sent to a third party CTM house for manufacturing. Don't misinterpret what I am saying. Custom tailors are fewer than ever and replenishment is slow to nonexistent. With the demise of true custom makers the custom clothing realm absorbs the current methods (MTM) and "Custom tailor" defines a new breed of tailor or the "tailor" of the era. Clothing made by utilizing tape measure skills over pattern making, cutting and sewing. 50 years from now when you are scanned and clothing is totally created by computerized machinery the MTM guys will be saying the same thing. Like I said, I am not bashing anyone, just an observation of the state of things as I see it.

ctp120

Reaction score
DavidWatts (Andrew?),

Tried to send a PM; your inbox is full. Probably full of more suggestions than you need anyways, but thought I'd let you know.

JakeLA

Reaction score
Dear Newsweek guy,

Try covering the news.

Stupid lists culled from bloggers is just one of the reasons your magazine is dying.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
I've had good experiences working with Anthony Paranzino of Charleston, West Virginia who posts here as Tony the Tailor. I believe he does bespoke, though I've only ever used him for MTM.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Washington DC - Georges de Paris - Tailor to the Presidents.

Article about Georges de Paris

Will Field as well. I'd beg to say he's better regarded by most in DC than De Paris. Not to sell De Paris short, however. And I've never used either. Just sayin'...

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
hopefully, there will be large probes involved.
FIFY
wink.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Yelp?

Start here instead: it's not a complete list, but you can supplement from the comments in this thread.

- B

Of course my state doesn't have a name on that list
censored.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Romeo Singca, the owner of Felice Custom Tailors 7853 Herschel Avenue La Jolla, CA 92037 (858) 454-8205 is a true artist who has made some wonderful pieces for me, including jackets, an overcoat, and a morning coat (tuxedo). I wear the navy blazer he made for me all the time and my MTM Oxxford blazer stays in the closet. Member Full Canvas first recommended him to me. The original opinions of Full Canvas are in this post: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...91&postcount=7 Further information, including a post from me, is here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=singca Because of Romeo, I no longer buy OTR and recently passed up a Brioni jacket on sale. I visit Romeo whenever I'm in San Diego and conversely I find excuses to visit San Diego so I can visit Romeo (excuses are easy to find since I have a brother in San Diego). It's been 2 years since I've ordered from him, but I'll be in San Diego 2-3 times next Spring, so I'm already planning my next order! Andrew, you really should visit his shop and see his work close-up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads