• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Oh Well... Didn't see post till now. I don't care for rotisserie, and I'm not too crazy about the scoring system either. BUT if anyone drops out, let me know. It'a always fun to play against Mr. 35%.
Stevie, if you can find one more person to sign up, you can join. I don't really care if we have a 12 man league or 14 man league. I thought you were in already... You have about four and a half days to let me know. It just won't be the same unless I can talk **** about your weak-ass team and your lame excuse making (You don't really like rotisserie?!?! For Fantasy BASEBALL?!?! Starting with the bogus excuses before you are even in the league... sounds just like you.
smile.gif
)

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Stevie, if you can find one more person to sign up, you can join. I don't really care if we have a 12 man league or 14 man league. I thought you were in already... You have about four and a half days to let me know.

It just won't be the same unless I can talk **** about your weak-ass team and your lame excuse making (You don't really like rotisserie?!?! For Fantasy BASEBALL?!?! Starting with the bogus excuses before you are even in the league... sounds just like you.
smile.gif
)

Sorry guys - I gotta bail on the league. I have a conflict on Saturday and I don't want to screw up the schedule anymore. Maybe Steve can take my place?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Sorry guys - I gotta bail on the league. I have a conflict on Saturday and I don't want to screw up the schedule anymore. Maybe Steve can take my place?

wait a minute - are we scheduled for saturday morning or night?

edit: forget it - I see now. Saturday night. I'm out. I'll remove my team from the Yahoo page.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Yo, 35 cents, League's full...

Thought Baron was dropping out...

If something frees up CALL me at Number I'm PMing you...

Yes I don't like rotisserie- any knothead (like you) can play it. No category for triples, runs, obp. IP problem is eliminated by that being a category- shut outs, complete games also count..

Less skill, less strategy...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yo, 35 cents, League's full... Thought Baron was dropping out... If something frees up CALL me at Number I'm PMing you... Yes I don't like rotisserie- any knothead (like you) can play it. No category for triples, runs, obp. IP problem is eliminated by that being a category- shut outs, complete games also count.. Less skill, less strategy...
Dude, you would find something to ***** about in a bed made of *******. Baron, sorry to see you go man, but please make sure to drop out of the league and post it in the thread here or PM steve so he can take your spot. Maybe we can shut Steve's whining yap hole for a few days before the draft... upon the completion of which, he will undoubtedly critically examine all other teams errors in roster selection with his "pro baseball scout level" eye, before being trounced like a nancyboy in a schoolyard tussle once the season actually begins.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Dude, you would find something to ***** about in a bed made of *******.
I fart in your general direction.

And if you draft like the team you posted, you might as well light your $100 on fire...
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK - I thought it was deleted before but I just did it again and I should be out. I was Sons of Steve Garvey by the way - let me know if my team reappears for some reason.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And if you draft like the team you posted, you might as well light your $100 on fire...
smile.gif

Steve...you are like a broken record. I thought we went through this last year, when I SLAUGHTERED you in FF. I didn't even TRY the last 5 or so weeks... and you STILL lost by almost 200 points. Remember drafting Daunte Culpepper last year? Good call dude.
smile.gif
You also, IIRC took Larry Johnson number one in your other league last year, buying into the hype like a newbie stooge. Who's fantasy baseball magazine did you buy this year to tell you what opinion to have? Suckered again, no doubt.You don't have the chops to knock my draft until you beat me. Since that has yet to happen, you now get to plug your cakehole with crow. My theory stands that you play with a bunch of rank amateurs who's ineptitude pads your yahoo ranking. I play with people who eat, sleep, and breathe baseball and football. And this year I enjoyed my highest draft ranking ever, 8 out of 12.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
BLAH BLAH BLAH. I finished second to you in a league I autodrafted because I hadn't set my league e-mail to "on". And I don't mind finishing second. Kudos to you. You may win again. And I for one will be a good sport about it.

I think this may be the most compettive league I've played in so far. Relish the opportunity although I wish it was H2H.

Just for grins, I'm going to post a link showing how much right Slim has talking trash about my fantasy capabilities:

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/com...2=sinsecticide

And yes, we do need a life...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Anyway- Here's MY team from the last draft I did:

1b- Ortiz
2b- Brian Roberts
ss- Reyes
3b-Atkins
of- Beltran
of- Pierre
of- Crawford
c-Pudge

reserves- Patterson, Lugo, Furcal, B. Molina, T.Helton

sp- Smoltz
sp- Randy Johnson
sp-Oswalt
sp-Westbrook
sp- Lilly
sp- Milwood

Closers

K-Rod, Saito, Borowoski

Wonder who's gonna finish higher?

BTW what was decided on for a fee?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My theory stands that you play with a bunch of rank amateurs who's ineptitude pads your yahoo ranking.

The above is the ultimate come-back to any future posts Steve might make in comparison between our Yahoo standings, because for as good as he claims he is, he is still at BEST second place. (He only squeezed into second in the last few weeks of the season last year, which I will attribute to luck rather than skill) His sit/start judgement is HORRIBLE, and if things don't go his way, he likes to whine about how easy our scoring system is, and how even a beginner can accidentaly win with it...even though he continues to be dominated by me.

What is that phony-ass draft supposed to show us Steve?
What did you draft, like first second and third? Half your position players were gone by the time my first pick rolled around. Just goes to show you what a punk ass Steve is. He gloats because he can win a league with the number 3, 7, 8 and 15 ranked players in the entire league on his team.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Now I'm officially pissed I dropped out - I had no idea you guys were such blowhards.
tounge.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
One finish, one slot higher is not domination.

I really do like you Slim- except when your mouth is open.

We'll see how it plays out. I rather suspect Tiger or Bill to be wiping the walk with us...

Again, what's the fee?

If it's $100 that would add up to a nice pair of English shoes.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
My NL rotisserie league is nowhere near as good. reverse sit'n good pitching, no hitting.

Have David Wright and almost no one else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads