• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe tree sale at the Rack

Roger Everett

Reaction score
I've been buying Woodlore cedar shoe trees at Nordstrom Rack since I discovered that they sell them @ 12.90 instead of the 20 something I'd been paying. But walked in the other day and noticed they have them on sale @ $9.90 till mid month. They're the combo trees ( split ), Which I prefer. Don't think the price can be beat.

Booter

Reaction score
agreed - they hold up well, they're cedar, and they do their job.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a half dozen of these shoe trees from the Rack, and I've had some problems with pieces of cedar splintering off of them. Be aware that with these cheap shoe trees, sometimes you get what you pay for.

barzen

Reaction score
I was wondering about the quality of the shoe trees at the Rack. Mine seem to be holding up fine, but I've only had them for about three months. Can anybody else weigh in on the quality of these? Is there a difference between these and a more expensive shoe tree?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barzen
I was wondering about the quality of the shoe trees at the Rack. Mine seem to be holding up fine, but I've only had them for about three months. Can anybody else weigh in on the quality of these? Is there a difference between these and a more expensive shoe tree?

Lack of full heel, crappy hardware, and below quality wood that does not smell too good.

As others have said, you get what you pay for.

nbmplano

Reaction score
Someone on SF said (and i have noticed as well) the Rack trees are essentially the seconds of the regular Nordstrom trees. They will typically have more knots and pits in the wood, but I believe they share the same hardware.

Either way, I typically stock up on the regulars during Nordy's sale.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbmplano
Someone on SF said (and i have noticed as well) the Rack trees are essentially the seconds of the regular Nordstrom trees. They will typically have more knots and pits in the wood, but I believe they share the same hardware. Either way, I typically stock up on the regulars during Nordy's sale.
I have never purchased them at the rack, but I have purchased them in the regular store and they are very crappy. I use them now for my eh shoes. Once you get ahold of some quality ones, you will see what I mean.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
I have never purchased them at the rack, but I have purchased them in the regular store and they are very crappy. I use them now for my eh shoes.

Once you get ahold of some quality ones, you will see what I mean.

I bought a set of the woodlores from the rack a month ago after getting a new pair of shoes.

They are not as nice as the costco trees I have which are full heal and feel pretty solid but they fit better....the costco trees max out in my larger shoes while the ones from the rack are about the same price and are available in many sizes (and I have not seen the cosco trees for sale in a while).

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbmplano
Someone on SF said (and i have noticed as well) the Rack trees are essentially the seconds of the regular Nordstrom trees. They will typically have more knots and pits in the wood, but I believe they share the same hardware.

Either way, I typically stock up on the regulars during Nordy's sale.

That would actually make a lot of sense. Some of the Rack shoe trees I bought are manufactured by Rochester, who makes shoe trees for Alden, Brooks Brothers, Leather Soul, etc. But the Rochester shoe trees at the Rack have lower quality wood, flimsier hardware, and fussier springs than their rebranded stuff.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just go and buy the full toe ones from JAB when they have a buy one get ten free sale
wink.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm currently traveling for work. When I get home, I will post some comparison pictures of shoe trees.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not understand why people need to cheap out on the shoe trees. People on this board spend so much money on quality shoes, why not spend the little extra for shoe trees. The last set I ordered from one of our vendors I got 4 for the price of 3 and it came to @18.00 dollars each and they fit great and I intend to get more and sell my overpriced Alden ones.

nelly

Reaction score
Is this sale online or in store only?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads