• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebunk

Reaction score
Any one have a pair of EP denim and can comment on the fading of the jeans? Thinking about picking up a pair to replace my APC NS that have stretched to unwearable levels (losing some weigt did not help either).

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Any one have a pair of EP denim and can comment on the fading of the jeans? Thinking about picking up a pair to replace my APC NS that have stretched to unwearable levels (losing some weigt did not help either).

Had them since January, worn pretty hard for the colder months (~5 times a week) and see probably 2 wears a week now that it's summer. There's decent wallet fading, and what appears to be the beginning of some fading behind the knees and on the creases in the top block, but these definitely are not fast faders.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the excellent feedback on the sportcoats. And thanks to everyone who ordered! Our shipping team will be in full effect tomorrow. I'd love to hear what you think after you receive them. Here's some things from my side:

Originally Posted by pistolero
Those look really sharp, Mike. Would insta-kop if you offered long sizes...hopefully they'll sell well, so that can be a reality some day.

Originally Posted by oisin
same. need a navy blazer, but need a long.

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Damn...too bad there's no long sizes right now. Hopefully those will get stocked some time in the future.

I'm already speaking to Southwick about this. For the Caine, it's pretty realistic for us to offer Long's and possibly Short's for the Fall. I wanted to test the waters with just Regular's, so provided its a hit (already looking like that now), then I can definitely invest in expanding the size range.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Man it looks like you guys just killed it with these, quality looks impeccable and the price point is fantastic.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
No kidding. It's been worth the wait. I grabbed both.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
i'm between a small and an extra small in the shirts (xs fits everywhere except the chest is too small so i buy the S) and the 36 blazer was a shockingly good fit for me; best otr blazer fit i've ever found.

Thanks guys!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PorterInjax
The gray sport coat is a great piece. Originally, I was wanting the navy hopsack blazer (and still do but will have to put on hold for a bit) but I opted for the gray. I could not be happier with it and if anyone is on the fence, jump now, you won't regret it. I'm going to need to get the sleeves brought in a bit but the fit is great. I know Mike said that if you wear a medium in their shirting to go with a 38 but I tried on this size and it was just a bit tight. So close to being a perfect fit though. If you wear a medium Epaulet shirt and it fits well then I think the 38 will be right. If, on the other hand, the medium shirts are just a tiny bit snug then go with the 40.
For sure Mike is right about this being a quality garment, something that will last a very long time.
Thanks Mike for continuing to bring great clothing to us.
While typing this message I thought "wow, this is one of those rare days that I don't have anything Epaulet on". I then looked at my feet and saw the natural penny loafers on my dogs!

Awesome, thanks so much for the kind words! The pleasure is all ours.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Ditto for me regarding the small shirts and the 36 jacket. I wear Epaulet small shirts, but the 36 was just a bit tight on me. The 38 was a better fit. Maybe I'm between sizes when it comes to this particular piece.

That's been our experience so far. We sold quite a few of these to our in-store regular customers, and about 80% of them went with the corresponding size in the chart. The others sized up one. While shirts have some tolerance (they can look good tighter, they can look good a bit looser), you want a tailored piece like this to be spot on.

For anyone considering the sportcoats: we haven't had customers size down, so you can be reasonably sure that either the corresponding size from the chart will work, or one size bigger will work. If our shirts fit you tightly, if you've got significantly broad shoulders, or if you have a pretty athletic or thick build, then chances are you'll need to size up one.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
man 38 sold out in the gray already!

Hmm, thinking I should just pull the trigger on a 42 gray since I am a bit between XL and L shirts. I would like to try them on but do not want to miss out. ARRRRRRRRG!

That's the same as my size, and yes, I'd be pretty sure that the 42 would be right for you. But don't stress, I have another run of both jackets scheduled for delivery in about a month.

Originally Posted by nycxandy
How viable is it to have the sleeves shortened by 2 inches (i.e., need a 23" sleeve for a size 36)?

No problem at all. We used simple sewn buttons at the end of the cuffs so that they can be easily tailored.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by istasi
Had them since January, worn pretty hard for the colder months (~5 times a week) and see probably 2 wears a week now that it's summer. There's decent wallet fading, and what appears to be the beginning of some fading behind the knees and on the creases in the top block, but these definitely are not fast faders.

Thanks for the input dude.

thebunk

Reaction score
Mike - Is the plan for the new batch of shirts still to go up today? About to place a big order and might as well hold off until the new shirts are up. That said, if it is going to be a day or so, then I will pull the trigger on the items I know I need now and then place another order for the shirts.

Also, any thoughts on how well the Midnight Blue Rudy's would match the gray sportscoat?

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys,

I'm already speaking to Southwick about this. For the Caine, it's pretty realistic for us to offer Long's and possibly Short's for the Fall. I wanted to test the waters with just Regular's, so provided its a hit (already looking like that now), then I can definitely invest in expanding the size range.

+1 to short sizes

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely like the sound of this.

Anybody have any experience with returns via postal mail to Epaulet? I returned some pants about 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting for my credit card to have the amount credited back to me.

*EDIT* Just got an email back, my return is being processed today!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike - Is the plan for the new batch of shirts still to go up today? About to place a big order and might as well hold off until the new shirts are up. That said, if it is going to be a day or so, then I will pull the trigger on the items I know I need now and then place another order for the shirts.

Also, any thoughts on how well the Midnight Blue Rudy's would match the gray sportscoat?

Yup, the shirts are definitely going up today. I'm going to shoot them in the studio and on figure in the next few hours. We've got two awesome specialty shirts and some restocks of greatest hits.

The Midnight Blue trousers look great with the grey sportcoat. You really see the hint of navy coming out when they're paired together. With snuff suede shoes and a white shirt it's brilliant.

pistolero

Reaction score

fing02[1].gif

Looking forward to hearing more about this.

mreggen

Reaction score

If you ever open up to take reservation/preorders in the fall, please shout it loud and clear in this thread. I want a short 40 Weller.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped my Weller off this morning to have the sleeves brought in a tad. She wanted to take two weeks to get it done but begged to have it ready for Saturday.
Have a three day mediation next week and will be wearing this for one of the days fo' sho'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads