• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk me out of spending $295 on Hugo Boss shoes

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found an awesome pair of suede tassel loafers. The come in two colors, dark navy and grey. I would probably get the navy, but might get the grey. Both have white piping along where stitching normally is on shoes. It's hard to describe, but I searched for a long time to find a picture and I can't find it anywhere. I think they look great. I doubt they're goodyear welted, but they seem to be made well enough. I think the soles are rubber! They are made in Italy. There is no marking on the uppers that say Hugo Boss. They look sort of like the following picture, but in different colors, no side roping (whatever you want to call it) and has white piping is where the stitching is on the top.
ASOS+Made+In+England+Suede+Tassel+Loafers.jpeg
I want to buy them. They're $295. Talk me out of it.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they look nice. Buy 'em and then wear them with your favorite mabitex shorts

LukeM

Reaction score
If you are short on cash then make a list of things that you need more to talk yourself out of it.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LukeM
If you are short on cash then make a list of things that you need more to talk yourself out of it.

I'm not short on cash. It's just that they're Hugo Boss!

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
If they fit well, and you like the style, go for it. Who cares about brand names or being SF approved?

*gasps in horror*

Originally Posted by musicguy

Maybe you shouldn't buy them. If you don't think HUGO BOSS is great then really why buy them?

Jangofett

Reaction score
Talk me out of it.

Why? Its only when you get burnt eating dog crap that you know how great real Beluga Caviar is. So I say buy both pairs. And regret when you know you can get a good pair of EG for what you paid.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Why? Its only when you get burnt eating dog crap that you know how great real Beluga Caviar is. So I say buy both pairs. And regret when you know you can get a good pair of EG for what you paid.

lol

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh **** that. They are nice shoes. Who cares about the brand. If I picked them up, I would just think fuckit, buy them. I am super fussy when it comes to items, but if it has eye candy, I can look over quality or brand reputation issues. Tell me where they are, I will join you in buying them. I dont like Boss all that much, but those shoes look **** hot, I dont care who makes them.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Oh **** that. They are nice shoes. Who cares about the brand. If I picked them up, I would just think fuckit, buy them. I am super fussy when it comes to items, but if it has eye candy, I can look over quality or brand reputation issues.

Tell me where they are, I will join you in buying them. I dont like Boss all that much, but those shoes look **** hot, I dont care who makes them.

Yeah, I like them. There's no branding on the outside, so no one will really know. They remind of something that James would wear.

Anyway, Blue Sole Shoes in Philly has them. www.bluesoleshoes.com 215-496-9244. They only have one in each size, so 9.5s are mine. I'll probably pick them up tomorrow and poast pics.

blistex649

Reaction score
Hmmm, Hold off a for 1 week, and if its still something you still fancy.. might be worth a more serious consideration.

Also, think of using that money for something bigger! (don't know what, but you can use your imagination!)

Doug11

Reaction score
Not being rude - but are you over 60 ?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
If they fit well, and you like the style, go for it. Who cares about brand names or being SF approved?
+1
those look good, I personally love Hugo Boss, i avoid their pricing as much as i can but like all their items, dont care if SF approved, enjoy the shoes man

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads