• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any merit to this bodyweight workout?

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the exception of the one-leg squats, I would hesitate to call this an "advanced" bodyweight workout.

That said, it will mostly be effective in making you quite tired.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
With the exception of the one-leg squats, I would hesitate to call this an "advanced" bodyweight workout.

That said, it will mostly be effective in making you quite tired.

Ha! That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement. Still, if nothing else it gave me the idea to try one legged squats using something for balance: every time I've previously attempted them I have fallen on ****** by rep two.

It also seemed pretty lower body focused. Might give the LB exercises a try all together as part of a strength workout since every time I think about my goals I realize I want to look like I have runner's legs, not lifter's legs. Wonder if this will work the muscles in a similar way.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One-leg squats do have a balance component to them, but they're a fun challenge. If you're looking for some pointers, this could help: http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/38 The rest of the site is also excellent for showing you bodyweight exercises and how to progress with them. Still, if you want to have a runner's legs, you're better off just running.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
one legged squats are pretty hard.

for a good bodyweight workout i'd just pick 4 skills from that beastskill site that target different muscles and go through the progressions.

i would do either

back lever
handstand presses
one of the ab workouts
one legged squats

front lever
handstand presses
back lever
one legged squats

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want a challenging bodyweight workout, give Convict Conditioning a go. It has a lot of great progressions so you don't gimp yourself doing handstand pushups or something of the like.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
One-leg squats do have a balance component to them, but they're a fun challenge. If you're looking for some pointers, this could help:

http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/38

The rest of the site is also excellent for showing you bodyweight exercises and how to progress with them.

Still, if you want to have a runner's legs, you're better off just running.

Looking to avoid runner's knees
wink.gif
. Also don't really have the time to devote to real distance running, though I have started working some stationary biking into my treadmill "hikes" as a way to shake things up a bit. _

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads