• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayson
Ah, great stuff.
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
slim bootcuts? look amazing ... post closeups when you get a chance
Slimfit. I estimate them to be from around 2002 or so, or before Godmother left RRL because the denim is far different from what's been available for the past six years or more. I still have a pair of slim bootcuts from that era that are practically brand new, maybe worn three or four times. The plan is hand it down to my grandkids so they can sell it back to RL to fund my 80th birthday party in Fiji. The good news is that the slimfit cut is almost identical to the Low Straight today. These shots were taken almost a year ago and to be honest the jeans are more beaten up today. The top thighs are getting paper thin.
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Does anybody have a good RRL sales person that they could recommend?
Ishi at Melrose is a good guy. Alex at Malibu is a member here and on sufu but I haven't gotten an email from him in a few months so I don't know if he's still working there.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
lol, what do you mean by good?
laugh.gif

I think people who just have their sale skills together. For example, here's my brief experience:

South Hampton RRL:
--quick product check
--extra info on whether the piece would be available in the future
--knew exactly what the product was
--etc., etc.

A NYC store (I forgot which one):
--can't take your call now
--call back - still seems a bit inconvenienced by the call, but it's ok
--take forever for a product check
--simple request when item ordered wasn't met
--some other stuff, but all in all it was fine

Well, naturally, I know who I'll be calling the first time next time I need something.

srgprod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Ishi at Melrose is a good guy. Alex at Malibu is a member here and on sufu but I haven't gotten an email from him in a few months so I don't know if he's still working there.
Alex is the most knowledgeable guy but he left to take over Stonghold. Farhad is a member and a great guy. Call him.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
Alex is the most knowledgeable guy but he left to take over Stonghold. Farhad is a member and a great guy. Call him.
Shame. Then again, I'm not sure how much I could take of Malibu if I were commuting in from LA.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Never.
223340_10100215704912455_3402465_51773654_3106844_n.jpg

RRL going on five years.

Sweet. What kind of boots are those? I'm very partial to Lucchese but I also have a pair of Tony Llamas. I enjoy Western shirts but most of the places only carry ****... i'm becoming addicted to RRL although frankly I can't afford it. I suppose there are worse expensive habits I could have. Also- on your list at the front page. You may want to add Stag in Austin, TX. They carry RRL jeans + shirts + officer chinos in stock. Great place to pick up SW&D clothes but don't count on any crazy sales. The RRL I own is all from SF or some I got on clearance at the RL Flagship in Chicago while traveling for work... great deals there.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chris at the Mansion is great. He went above and beyond (imo) to make sure i got the latest Bowery Boots when they were released.

Originally Posted by somatoform
I think people who just have their sale skills together. For example, here's my brief experience:

South Hampton RRL:
--quick product check
--extra info on whether the piece would be available in the future
--knew exactly what the product was
--etc., etc.

A NYC store (I forgot which one):
--can't take your call now
--call back - still seems a bit inconvenienced by the call, but it's ok
--take forever for a product check
--simple request when item ordered wasn't met
--some other stuff, but all in all it was fine

Well, naturally, I know who I'll be calling the first time next time I need something.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jsoftz
Sweet. What kind of boots are those?
Frye. Well-made, extremely comfortable, and not terribly expensive (~$300).

RRL's western shirts are easily some of the best-fitting ones I've tried/owned. They're not hard to find on ebay at all if you're on a budget.
Originally Posted by Jsoftz
Also- on your list at the front page. You may want to add Stag in Austin, TX. They carry RRL jeans + shirts + officer chinos in stock. Great place to pick up SW&D clothes but don't count on any crazy sales. The RRL I own is all from SF or some I got on clearance at the RL Flagship in Chicago while traveling for work... great deals there.
Can't edit the post because of the forum's time restriction. There are a couple of other stores that now carry RRL but there's no real good way to add them now.

itsjoncharles

Reaction score
So I've seen a really nice RRL shawl sweater going on eBay, but the chest measurement is 42 even though it is medium and apparently runs slim. The seller is saying the pit to pit measurements is exactly 21, and I'm 20. I think I may just buy it and layer if it runs a little big.

itsjoncharles

Reaction score
Sweaters tend to fit like, you know, not like shirts. A little big is ok.

Exactly what I've been thinking. I'm going to buy it because it's too good a deal to miss.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone in NY going to that polo event tonight at bloomingdales?

siglo vi

Reaction score
got this wallet/passport holder at the melrose store a couple weeks ago. great patina, love it.

1EGbMl.jpg

9CoJzl.jpg

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that reminds me i've been planning on putting up some shots of the denim wallet. had it about a year now and it's starting to get some character

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads