• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Navy blazer looks amazing. Wasn't expecting the $650 price point. Too bad for now.

Looking forward to the shirts...

Yeah, that is where I am at as well (was hoping for something lower in price though I am sure the quality is worth it). I am probably in for sure on the Medium Gray Sportcoat since I already purchased the Rudy trousers to go with it, but I cannot splurge on both at this time, especially with new and restocks of shirts and chinos around the corner.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
having tried on the gray blazer when i was in NYC, i just ordered it online. when the super 120s gray walts comes back in small sizes, i'll buy that too. suit time.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KOP'D!

caine%20navy%20hopsack%20lo.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! After long last, our Southwick sportcoats are online! We wrote an absolutely enormous amount of copy for each one of them, so please click through the links to read all about it. But here's the short list: 1. There's two models - the Caine and the Weller. Both have the same fit. The Caine is a 3/8 lined Navy Blazer, the Weller is a fully lined sportcoat that can be matched to Walt or Rudy trousers for a full suit. 2. I've personally sold about 12 of these in our store. The fit is freaking spot on. It's nothing like any Black Fleece / Golden Fleece pieces that you may have tried on. This shape is exclusive for us and works like our shirting. If you like the fit of Epaulet or Gitman Vintage shirting, then these are going to work really well for you. 3. Quality is phenomenal on these. They're not cheap, but they'll deliver a ton of value for the price. Given the fit, finish, and USA construction, there's not anything like it on the market. They'll fit well in the beginning, and they'll maintain their fit through a ton of wear. 4. If you've been thinking about a Navy blazer, then the Caine is one of the most perfect items that I've ever seen. Just sayin' 5. The sportcoats are only running in medium length for now. It's a great length for most customers sized 5'8" through about 6'3". The guy modeling them is pretty tall (6'2") and it's a good fit on him. If you're under 5'8", it should also work well provided you're getting a size 38 or smaller. We have full measurements, so you can match it up against a piece that you already own. 6. The Medium Grey 120's Weller sportcoat matches our Walt and Rudy trousers in the same fabric. I'm getting a full restock of the trousers in about 2 weeks, so if we don't have your size now, we'll get them shortly. Stock on the sportcoats is tight though, so if you're considering the suit, I'd advise getting the jacket now and ordering the pants when they come back into stock. We can take a reservation so you're sure to get the trousers. OK, onto the jackets!
5797591127_8908ed92b1.jpg
Southwick for Michael Kuhle Caine Sportcoat Navy Hopsack: $650
5797592065_cc259018d6.jpg
5800930616_5a4bde9a32.jpg
Southwick for Michael Kuhle Weller Sportcoat Grey Super 120's Wool: $565
5800933422_1fd2320875.jpg

pistolero

Reaction score
Those look really sharp, Mike. Would insta-kop if you offered long sizes...hopefully they'll sell well, so that can be a reality some day.

oisin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
Those look really sharp, Mike. Would insta-kop if you offered long sizes...hopefully they'll sell well, so that can be a reality some day.

same. need a navy blazer, but need a long.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gray sport coat is a great piece. Originally, I was wanting the navy hopsack blazer (and still do but will have to put on hold for a bit) but I opted for the gray. I could not be happier with it and if anyone is on the fence, jump now, you won't regret it. I'm going to need to get the sleeves brought in a bit but the fit is great. I know Mike said that if you wear a medium in their shirting to go with a 38 but I tried on this size and it was just a bit tight. So close to being a perfect fit though. If you wear a medium Epaulet shirt and it fits well then I think the 38 will be right. If, on the other hand, the medium shirts are just a tiny bit snug then go with the 40.
For sure Mike is right about this being a quality garment, something that will last a very long time.
Thanks Mike for continuing to bring great clothing to us.
While typing this message I thought "wow, this is one of those rare days that I don't have anything Epaulet on". I then looked at my feet and saw the natural penny loafers on my dogs!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
I know Mike said that if you wear a medium in their shirting to go with a 38 but I tried on this size and it was just a bit tight. So close to being a perfect fit though. If you wear a medium Epaulet shirt and it fits well then I think the 38 will be right. If, on the other hand, the medium shirts are just a tiny bit snug then go with the 40.
Ditto for me regarding the small shirts and the 36 jacket. I wear Epaulet small shirts, but the 36 was just a bit tight on me. The 38 was a better fit. Maybe I'm between sizes when it comes to this particular piece.

thebunk

Reaction score
Hmm, thinking I should just pull the trigger on a 42 gray since I am a bit between XL and L shirts. I would like to try them on but do not want to miss out. ARRRRRRRRG!

nycxandy

Reaction score
How viable is it to have the sleeves shortened by 2 inches (i.e., need a 23" sleeve for a size 36)?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Ditto for me regarding the small shirts and the 36 jacket. I wear Epaulet small shirts, but the 36 was just a bit tight on me. The 38 was a better fit. Maybe I'm between sizes when it comes to this particular piece.
i'm between a small and an extra small in the shirts (xs fits everywhere except the chest is too small so i buy the S) and the 36 blazer was a shockingly good fit for me; best otr blazer fit i've ever found.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads