• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Spoo/Whnay - while I agree with whany, I wonder how much of it is not that whnay and I dress in a somewhat similar style and we view Spoo through that lens. I love sedate, but also realize that it's not for everyone. I think spoo is just a diffferent style, his stuff fits, he is a young dude and he likes to experiment. Would I do it? No. But I also would not wear 75% of the stuff Luca wears (another bracelet loving, multi color dresser), not sure that means that either of those two guys is ill dressed.

Thanks Ed - 'specially for the "young dude" part.
smile.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

Something garish to wake you up on a Monday.
devil.gif

xtqS6.jpg

Thank you for inducing a grand mal seizure, Holdfast. That is how I like to start my Mondays, twitching and convulsing on the floor.

Mike

JDMills

Reaction score
Crusty- Great look, usually I don't like everything coordinated but this looks great, love the cufflinks! Spoo- Not used to seeing you in a plain shirt and plainish tie (linen?), had to do a double take lol, I actually don't mind the bracelet because it's probably hidden most of the time and happy you went with brown shoes rather than black, only thing I don't like is that the suit is a tad shiny, but thats probably because I just walked past some guy whos suit was reflecting the sun into my eyes lol IST- I want that briefcase! It looks amazing and thats a wonderful Patina, what brand is it? Newcomer, I think the check shirt looks great with the casual look and the suede austerity brogues are just
drool.gif
what make are the jeans?

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
here's a more crazy shirt; guess it's more ok when it's up top
tumblr_lm9ve98gZr1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lm9v7tHXLN1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Great look. Deets on the lovely shirt?

Savoir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nelton
My first posts, sorry if the photos are a little large ive been having trouble resizing them, and I also appoligise if the photos are a bit rubbish I will get better at posting them, just fancied some feedback
DSC01776.jpg
DSC01781-1.jpg

I like that SC very much, Nelton. Combined with those chinos they make a great base for a summer fit, but I think you would benefit from a slightly less vibrant shirt. How about a light pastel colour, instead?
smile.gif
And although I believe this has been said before, this does look incomplete without a belt. You could also add a pocket square for some sprezz, if you do it the right way. Good luck.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Is it Vox' birthday?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by whnay.
Spoofy

My advice to you is simple. Instead of having 6 "tricks" in every outfit...pause in the morning before you get dressed...limit yourself to 3 and then take some pics. I think you'll find that you'd get a lot more praise. You have all the raw materials but I think you sometimes go overboard on the application of them together. Its all about discretion dude.

So for example. When I wear what I call novelty socks (think Paul Smith) I try to keep the rest of my outfit pretty conservative. So maybe a solid colored suit, checked shirts and simple tie. What I found was, when I used to go overboard I'd still get stopped in the street but instead of being asked who my tailor or just simply "you look well put together" comment was it was more about - do you work at Nordstroms, can you help me with finding a dressing room, etc.

Originally Posted by edmorel
good stuff banis

Spoo/Whnay - while I agree with whany, I wonder how much of it is not that whnay and I dress in a somewhat similar style and we view Spoo through that lens. I love sedate, but also realize that it's not for everyone. I think spoo is just a diffferent style, his stuff fits, he is a young dude and he likes to experiment. Would I do it? No. But I also would not wear 75% of the stuff Luca wears (another bracelet loving, multi color dresser), not sure that means that either of those two guys is ill dressed.

kudos whnay. - that was great constructive feedback (see its not that hard to do ... lol)

ed - i actually agree with whnay. - even if you look at it through liberal (re non-conservative dress) lens, Spoo sometimes has one or two items too many. I think a person can dress both conservatively or with flare, depending on their mood ... but i just don't know if shiny suit+purple socks+white bracelet+hot pink p/s go together in either of those realms.

using Spoo's pieces ... i think on the conservative spectrum, he could have gone with the suit+shirt+tie+sedate sock+same shoes+white linen p/s

on the fancy side he could have gone with suit+shirt+tie+navy based p/s+ socks+shoes with brown beads to match the shoes. (ie - the white is just a faux pas).

my $0.02.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1, excellent overall advice for WAYWRN.

Originally Posted by whnay.
Spoofy

My advice to you is simple. Instead of having 6 "tricks" in every outfit...pause in the morning before you get dressed...limit yourself to 3 and then take some pics. I think you'll find that you'd get a lot more praise. You have all the raw materials but I think you sometimes go overboard on the application of them together. Its all about discretion dude.

So for example. When I wear what I call novelty socks (think Paul Smith) I try to keep the rest of my outfit pretty conservative. So maybe a solid colored suit, checked shirts and simple tie. What I found was, when I used to go overboard I'd still get stopped in the street but instead of being asked who my tailor or just simply "you look well put together" comment was it was more about - do you work at Nordstroms, can you help me with finding a dressing room, etc.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoo... not enough tricks!
devil.gif
I think you should go with a loud plaid shirt, too! Actually, I kinda agree with both ed and whnay. Having different styles around here is great. If everything was conservative business dress or "SF-approved", it would get really boring. But, I also think there's some universal principles that apply to any outfit or style. Some kind of overall harmony needs to be present. All elements working together whether there are 6 patterns or just 1. So with that look, I agree that ditching one or two of the louder elements (like a solid suit) would tone it down just enough to be "sharp looking guy in suit with a bit of flair"... But, you could also go the other way.. add more volume... more like Hamish Bowles. So long as all the elements gelled. (and it wouldn't cost you your job ;-)

MrKaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Another day ...
Front:
c4a18eaf.jpg

Back:
6c78239e.jpg

more on the dark side.​

Nothing to say than just perfection.
Everything fit here. The tie, the soft collar shirt and the suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads