• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've no interest in women of my generation.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the same excuse my friends who can't get with anyone make. Its you not them.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
CWKfX.jpg

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I'm just curious MM, do you have an affected voice?

Not really. Why?

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the-continental.jpg
Why can't I find a sophisticated, beautiful lady?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I grew a pencil mustache and applied shoe polish to my hair, would that help my chances?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
This is the same excuse my friends who can't get with anyone make. Its you not them.
OK, fuji. Don't you have someones' lights to go punch out?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Not really. Why?

So yes, then.

Judging by what you've posted previously, I can only imagine (and probably accurately) what you're like at a bar. Why? Cause I was a lot like you when I was your age.

Anyway dude, not to be harsh but the problem is you...I mean, you are 20 FFS and you are missing the point of being 20. Look, how long have you even actively sought to find a girl or whatever? One, two years? And you're already writing off your generation? And judging from how your dining adventures your time seeking out the ladies is undoubtedly limited.

Put it this way... I can guarantee IRL, if you're 1/10th the same as your SF persona you're off putting and pretentious and it turns people away from hanging with you. And you just. don't. get it.

Again, telling you this cause I've done it and been there.

That's pretty much it.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really now. just smang some ugly chicks.

If all you want are decent conversations with mildy attractive ladies then talk with teachers. If you are looking for some girls to chill with don't come off too serious. I would hate if a girl came up to me talking about recent political events or natural disasters. Talk some goofy **** to get her to hang with you then start dropping the philosophy bomb, maybe blow her mind. I started a conversation about Jolly Rancher soda before.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being pretentious. Girls love my monocle and discussions of why silk umbrellas are superior to nylon ones.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
So yes, then. Judging by what you've posted previously, I can only imagine (and probably accurately) what you're like at a bar. Why? Cause I was a lot like you when I was your age. Anyway dude, not to be harsh but the problem is you...I mean, you are 20 FFS and you are missing the point of being 20. Look, how long have you even actively sought to find a girl or whatever? One, two years? And you're already writing off your generation? And judging from how your dining adventures your time seeking out the ladies is undoubtedly limited. Put it this way... I can guarantee IRL, if you're 1/10th the same as your SF persona you're off putting and pretentious and it turns people away from hanging with you. And you just. don't. get it. Again, telling you this cause I've done it and been there. That's pretty much it.
Sorry, man. I am who I am. And, for what it's worth, I am pretty much 9/10th like my SF persona in real life; so, an "insufferably pretentious twat". For what it's worth, I don't feel I'm pretentious at all. If you knew me, you'd think the same.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imo, these kinds threads tend to make evreybody look worse than they are. on both sides of the coin. mostly because people say things for shock value, others take it seriously and it just get worse from there. just sayin

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, man. I am who I am.

And, for what it's worth, I am pretty much 9/10th like my SF persona in real life; so, an "insufferably pretentious twat".

For what it's worth, I don't feel I'm pretentious at all. If you knew me, you'd think the same.

It's not so much that you're pretentious, but rather that your sincerely held beliefs are gibberish. Also, you can't grasp the idea of being a teenage badass for the sake of being a teenage badass. I imagine you coming off like one of those "Dear Woman..." guys.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Nothing wrong with being pretentious. Girls love my monocle and discussions of why silk umbrellas are superior to nylon ones.

Dude I'm pretentious as ****. So I'm not saying it is bad. There's good pretentiousness and bad. mm has the latter in spades.

Sorry, man. I am who I am.

And, for what it's worth, I am pretty much 9/10th like my SF persona in real life; so, an "insufferably pretentious twat".

For what it's worth, I don't feel I'm pretentious at all. If you knew me, you'd think the same.

Look, you don't have to apologize. Just that piecing together the parts you put on SF it is pretty damn obvious what's up.

A pretentious shitbird would say this, and "I'm a well dressed, sophisticated young man" or "my friends and family would not appreciate a fine meal like I would". Look, dude, you don't have to apologize, just don't ***** about this ****. As I said, I've been there before. I know exactly what you're like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics