• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've no interest in women of my generation.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lifepartner material? Isn't the dude in college? Taste in philosophy is sort of a bit trivial in determining life partner material, no?

And I must adamantly disagree that all women in bars are expecting to be hit on.

Hanging out at the donut shop and hitting on some girl buying a dozen just seems annoying, but that is just me.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Lifepartner material? Isn't the dude in college? Taste in philosophy is sort of a bit trivial in determining life partner material, no?

And I must adamantly disagree that all women in bars are expecting to be hit on.

Hanging out at the donut shop and hitting on some girl buying a dozen just seems annoying, but that is just me.

**** if I know dude. I do things differently than MM, but apparently bars don't do it for him.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
I'm not looking for my girlfriend to be well versed in The Allegory of the Cave, or anything. I would just like to find someone with a bit of class and integrity.
Ehh, I don't know.
But I hang out at the croissant shop, though. So it's much less annoying.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Stake out at your local pâtisserie, or perhaps a specialty chocolate shop. That is where you can make a good first impression.
this is hilarious, but alas I would probably do the same. Actually, once I was at a Starbucks and this cute girl was sitting with a straight line of sight on me. From quick glances I could tell she was checking out the sweet buns, and no Im not talking about the morning bun that I had on the table. Honestly, I felt too much pressure to return the glance and lock eyes. She was looking straight at me. She had the upper hand
ffffuuuu.gif

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Women from a previous generation would consider it a sign of affection rather than an insult if you called them "sugar", so you've got that to contend with.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
this is hilarious, but alas I would probably do the same. Actually, once I was at a Starbucks and this cute girl was sitting with a straight line of sight on me. From quick glances I could tell she was checking out the sweet buns, and no Im not talking about the morning bun that I had on the table. Honestly, I felt too much pressure to return the glance and lock eyes. She was looking straight at me. She had the upper hand
ffffuuuu.gif

Was she cute, at least? Next time you gotta flip that ****. You must always have the upper hand! I hope you enjoyed your morning bun, though. I was on Bleecker Street last night, around 3, and a very tall, blonde, German, man passed me on the sidewalk and gave me the stare-down. I kept walking, and he ended up walking back to ask me where he and his friend might find a good bar to hang out at. While I was giving him my thoughts, he had this extreme, intense stare, and was looking deep into my eyes. It was some pretty powerful ****, man. Shame I don't swing that way; he was a nice looking man.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stake out at your local pâtisserie, or perhaps a specialty chocolate shop. That is where you can make a good first impression.

Not creepy at all, but since that's your style, try this:
free-candy.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was she cute, at least? Next time you gotta flip that ****. You must always have the upper hand! I hope you enjoyed your morning bun, though.
yeah i know. Next time I need to topsy-turvy that mother-******
I was on Bleecker Street last night, around 3, and a very tall, blonde, German, man passed me on the sidewalk and gave me the stare-down. I kept walking, and he ended up walking back to ask me where he and his friend might find a good bar to hang out at. While I was giving him my thoughts, he had this extreme, intense stare, and was looking deep into my eyes. It was some pretty powerful ****, man. Shame I don't swing that way; he was a nice looking man.
Screenshot2011-06-04at110228PM-2.png
hrmm, go on... Dirk gave you the stare down?
bounce2.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Dirk gave you the stare down?
bounce2.gif

Much more handsome than Dirk, actually.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking for my girlfriend to be well versed in The Allegory of the Cave, or anything. I would just like to find someone with a bit of class and integrity.
Since Phil majors are notorious lushes and drugies a Bar would be a great place to meet a women able to discuss Plato's Cave.

Barnabus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
damn you apk i wanted to say that. lots of ugly girls are great conversationalists. some hot girls too but no as many.

this means you are not an immature twat looking for for the next one minute stand with anything that has a pulse, its a compliment in my book.

Not always .I've been told i'm an old soul and i'm known to whore around. The title has more to do with other things imo.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You want a summer GF? Advertise for one, then video record your ordeal. Turn those videos into a short length film. Intersperse baby pics and video clips of yourself as a child, and also include kitchy 1950s B&W film clips that parody the frustrations of dating. Include some self deprecating yet endearing voice-overs of yourself ruminating over the lack of luck you've had with women. Show the film at local and regional film fests, garnering attention and accolades by critics and viewers. Gain notoriety as "that guy". Chicks will become drawn to you. Some of them will even be smart and pretty. Try it and report back.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Join some sort of organization that allows you to meet people, or befriend people in such organizations. My freshman year I was friends with kids in the student association for indian american kids, and met a lot of girls through them. Mind you, the majority of them were hideous, and the rest were nerdy as **** and no fun at all, but it was better than trying to meet girls on my honors dorm. My sophomore year I pledged a fraternity, which I can assure you was the best decision I made for my social life. Other than my friends' girlfriends & exes, all of the girls I know are girls I met through Greek life. And the girls I'll be hanging out/going out with this summer will all be girls I met through being in a fraternity.

I know how cliched the idea is, and what the general stereotype is of Greek Life, but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads