• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naming my Dog Sartoria

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
Done.
cheers.gif
Awesome. Ill name my kid Tony Romo

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you name it Cruiser?

coop86

Reaction score
Not a fan honestly. Sounds very much like a name a nouveau riche person would use as a try-too-hard way to show taste and sophistication they do not possess.

Plus everyone is going to ask why you named it that/what it means etc... will get annoying fast...

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too long of a name. Two syllables max.

I suggest Nifty. It's fun, cute, easy to say, your dog will respond to it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coop86
Not a fan honestly. Sounds very much like a name a nouveau riche person would use as a try-too-hard way to show taste and sophistication they do not possess.

Plus everyone is going to ask why you named it that/what it means etc... will get annoying fast...

i've seen some dogs called audemars and another winston after harry winston. lexus?
laugh.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
My girlfriend agreed to naming our new girl puppy Sartoria... am I out of my mind?
Is your dog going to have a wardrobe ... or has it some connection to the flowering plants of the legume family?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone mentioned two syllables ... good advice. I suggest something ending in "y" or "ie" ... jodie, lucy, sophie, cody, etc.

Do avoid Nietzsche and Kierkegaard.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Do avoid Nietzsche and Kierkegaard.

Baudrillard and Zizek, however, are perfectly acceptable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads