• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

sydney mc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ikouja
I figure skinheads may help me with my dilemma. I have a dark pair of jeans, I love em' to death, hardly washed so they fade real nice and natural. The other day a knife came flying at my leg, slicing open the knee of the pants and of my leg. Basically I bled profusely before I took off the pants and now there is a big brown stain around the knee, how could I get this stain out without washing them a whole lot, I still want them to stay dark.

soak them in salt water for a while i think helps with blood stains

sydney mc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
well, after filtering all the different stories I've heard, this is what seems to have happened...

Oxblood was playing and they started doing a Skrewdriver cover (btw Oxblood are a non racist band with black members from NYC) and that set off a conflict that was supposedly started by some SHARP types which escalated into a riot. Talk about idiocy...the venue served beer IN BOTTLES!!!! so you know what happened next.

I wasnt there, but it sure sounded like many in attendance were a bunch of mugs....not really the sort that comes to my mind when I think of "skinheads". we're talking guys with tattoos on the face, and in general dudes who are more like metalheads/bikers with shaved heads than actual "skinheads"

it was caused thru a variation of reasons, the main one being that there was no re entry so people were stuck in a dirty venue with hardly any food for hours, beer was being sold in bottles, and the empties left in big plastic tubs. tow girls started fighting for some reason, then the barrel of empties got lknocked over, some silly **** decided to throw one into the crowd then it was a two and fro for 10 mins until the police arrived. i wouldnt say it was a 'riot' more like studity. i was there with the 4skins, we tried to ask the cops to leave and we would calm things down, but they refused, hence the show was closed for that day. if it were a riot as people reported, the venue would have been damaged and a few people hurt? which was not the case. the event was just very badly organised

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sydney mc
is this forum still active?

You're kidding, right?
laugh.gif

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My scanner is playing up so i took these using my camera. Thanks so much to Della for loaning these cuttings from back in the day. No date but i remember this in the Mirror 1969.
IMG_1050.jpg
Feb 3rd 1979 Daily Mirror.
IMG_1046.jpg
Text from above pic.
IMG_1061.jpg
IMG_1062.jpg
Daily Mirror 3 Feb 1970.
IMG_1044.jpg
Feb 3rd 1970.
IMG_1056.jpg
No Date but again remember this 1969.
IMG_1052.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg
IMG_1049.jpg
IMG_1051.jpg
Sunday Mirror 21 March 1971.
IMG_1045.jpg
Della's Concert tickets .
IMG_1057.jpg

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember the Paper Stories and the Photos.Good one Roy.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
roy, that's a goldmine worth of clippings! amazing to see that March 1971 Mirror article, as anyone'd only seen it reprinted in the Spirit of 69 book.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to see, Roy. Yes I do remember the pic of the bloke with the girl. Has someone gone over the pic with a pencil?

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
Great to see, Roy. Yes I do remember the pic of the bloke with the girl. Has someone gone over the pic with a pencil?

Yes Della was trying to trace the pic, Whats said in these cutting should be taken with a pinch of salt,
Even then you had all the Myths about Skinheads, Near every week their was something in the papers about Skinheads.
Mind you the Cherry Tree gets a mention,

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lasttye
Whats said in these cutting should be taken with a pinch of salt.

You're not kidding! I was reading all this at the time and thinking "Who bloody writes all this stuff?" Of course when I got interviewed myself even that came out as crap.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not kidding! I was reading all this at the time and thinking "Who bloody writes all this stuff?" Of course when I got interviewed myself even that came out as crap.
Some of the Words are wrong:-
Sparko meant "out cold",well it does in East London anyway.
Trogg - never heard that one.Hippies were "Hairies".
Cut-out - We always said "Leg it".
Another piece of Media Fantasy!

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by browniecj
Some of the Words are wrong:- Sparko meant "out cold",well it does in East London anyway. Trogg - never heard that one.Hippies were "Hairies". Cut-out - We always said "Leg it". Another piece of Media Fantasy!
I remember a American TV Station interviewing us along the Kilburn High Rd, We just told them a load of bollocks
laugh.gif

bunty

Reaction score
Great photos and cuttings, thanks Della & Roy.

BTW Did anybody ever read -

'Today there are no gentlemen: the changes in Englishmen's clothes since the war' (1971) By Nik Cohn ?

Is it worth tracking down?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember a American TV Station interviewing us along the Kilburn High Rd, We just told them a load of bollocks
laugh.gif

Did that actually make any difference?
laugh.gif

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did that actually make any difference?
laugh.gif

Its probably why the American Skinheads have got it all wrong, Kilburn Skinheads talking bollocks.
laugh.gif

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its probably why the American Skinheads have got it all wrong, Kilburn Skinheads talking bollocks.
laugh.gif

Now we know who to blame Roy!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads