• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
It's partly due to the angle of the pic. Doesnt stand out in real life. Certainly on the larger side for my wrist but lately I'm preferring a larger watch face. Actually fits quite nice, very happy
smile.gif

Congrats on the Stowa. Wear it in good health man.

techstyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
cf7866776bd214642bd2cb931510e021_new_medium.jpg

After 4 agonizing months it finally arrived! Swapped on a custom-ordered short length Sirtoli alligator band for my small wrists. I love this watch!

I have the same watch. The face cracked after about 2 years of use under semi-normal conditions (took a flight, went skiing, hotel for a shower and out to dinner in freezing weather). Stowa makes a nice watch but I was disappointed that they charged me to replace the face under this set of circumstances...

Tell's perfect time, though!
smile.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thinking about picking up a fun watch at some point of which I'm pretty clueless. Trying to limit it to around $1500 so nothing super crazy. I definitely prefer things in the more classic realm with not too many tricks and gadgets. Definitely gold and a dark brown band.

Below are a few examples of Pateks and Omegas that I particularly like. Any suggestions on makers I should be looking at which have similar style items? I've scanned through this thread and have seen a few things, but curious what suggestions people may have.

Also, are there any reliable dealers for vintage watches in NYC that have good warranties and stand behind their products?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Patek_5146_black_face.jpg

omega_constellation.jpg

Omega_Seamaster_vintage.jpg

Omega_deville_new.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
David,

Here some of ideas for you

http://www.authenticwatches.com/raym...stc-00659.html
http://www.authenticwatches.com/8592.html
http://www.authenticwatches.com/long...l16454754.html
http://www.authenticwatches.com/long...l26484783.html
http://www.authenticwatches.com/long...l26284783.html

Also you can try to find some good deals on Timezone forum

Thanks! Amazing how most watches out there are all silver/platinum color. The quest for gold begins!

vbuskirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I'm pretty clueless. Trying to limit it to around $1500 so nothing super crazy. I definitely prefer things in the more classic realm with not too many tricks and gadgets. Definitely gold and a dark brown band.
Check out the Hamilton 'Jazzmaster' lineup too.
movadobaby_2158_670514656
movadobaby_2160_9894586

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
Check out the Hamilton 'Jazzmaster' lineup too.

Oohh. Thanks! I like those. Will try and see some of them next week in the city.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1959 Omega Seamaster Manual with Subdial
Watch044.jpg
1969 Omega Seamaster Deville Automatic with USS company logo and 1959 Omega Seamaster Manual with Subdial
Watch048.jpg

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this Tudor heritage Chrono while on vacation in the Bahamas.

e3dfd0c9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads