• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-Town

Reaction score
Has anyone heard "Castles in the Snow" by Twin Shadow? I can't stop listening. Just picked the album up last night. The whole thing is awesome, but this song really stands out.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should listen to the Sacred Animals cover of that song.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
prada_mens_accessories_2011_fall_winter_1302300614_0.jpg
look like some Stacy Adams bullshit, perfect for every douchebag on earth to wear to a club with a stripey shirt and a bottle of gel on their head. I was genuinely 100% surprised when I right clicked that image and saw that they were really Prada.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston86dit
Since there was so much talk about these in various threads, thought I would put up some official pictures...
prada_mens_accessories_2011_fall_winter_1302300611.jpg
prada_mens_accessories_2011_fall_winter_1302300611_0.jpg

Glad I got the ones I did while I could.. Something seems to be "missing" or uninteresting about these, can't put a finger on it.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
can someone explain wtf this is? and how the ******* works?

is this a baller knit/designer bib? lol

Obv you pull it over your head to layer. There might be a couple of different inspirations behind this - a sailor dickie maybe (think old naval uniforms) or a cowl. There was also some snuggy like **** sold some years ago called a necky, but I doubt that's where the designer got the idea from.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The creepers you have are the least interesting of this season already, kvc

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Hard to pass some sort of subjective judgment on Frank Ocean without knowing more about the way his songs get made. It's not like Autotune effaces vocal timbre or accent or anything, you know? He has a neat singing voice. And ARW's right, it is way harder than people think and the learning and performance process is different from any other instrument. I'm not going to listen to it cause it's super boring to me but w/e. Coming from a person who has had songs recorded, has sung the Barber Reincarnations and Agnus Dei with some Vocal Performance postgrads in concert, has written fairly complex pieces for voice, etc. Nothing professional though, mainly poser bullshit.

As long as we're talking about music I think Janelle Monae's styling is great. Tuxes for everyone please!

Also I don't know what's going on but I keep looking at different All Saints stuff and really liking it. Even a lot of the prewashed denim and ****. Lots of pretty colors on their knits especially, and a few nice patterns that aren't just stripes and plaids.

Knowing how complicated something was to produce doesn't really impress me. I mean, someone can put in a ton of work that takes a lot of skill to do, but if the ultimate product isn't good, then I don't see how that should affect the overall opinion besides "oh that's neat." I'm okay with auto tune if it's used tastefully, Justin Vernon does a lot of great auto tuning and Sufjan does a bit too. Not sure if any of this applies to Frank Ocean though, I haven't listened to much of his stuff.

And Janelle Monae is ******* awesome, all around. Great singer, great style, and most of all, amazing hair. She has done some singing with the Emory orchestra here that was also very cool.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
The creepers you have are the least interesting of this season already, kvc
They just remind me of upscale parachute pants. Just how long can you go before you stop kidding yourself about a purchase like that?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
They just remind me of upscale parachute pants. Just how long can you go before you stop kidding yourself about a purchase like that?

Comparing them to parachute pants seems a little extreme, but they're in the same book. They're kinda growing on me, but the novelty will wear off sooner than later I think. Will not make my must buy list

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I wasn't
redface.gif

Prada got lucky with the creeper success. They're extremely hit or miss (and Miu Miu is just horrible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads