• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**The Official P90X Thread**

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Can I skip YOGA/KEMPO for

Core,
chest-shoulders,tricepes,
back and biceps.

Should note its my second week of p90x and I'm doing doubles.

Trying to get results before going back to school. Cheers.

I wouldn't replace either one with a lifting day....

I wouldn't replace yoga either...it is good for you. That **** is long but if you want to make cuts, you can skip to balance poses (starting with tree) after the chair pose and than skip the yoga belly X section (since you are doing ab ripper x 3 times a week anyways).

I am in my first rest week now and having to do the 90 minutes of yoga multiple times in the week seems like a time drain so I may cut them down like I said above. I also do a 1hour yoga class on wednesdays (free lunchtime class in the office) so I am less concerned about cutting back...the yoga class is a lot less intense than the first 45 min of yoga x but it is a *lot* more advanced than the second 45 minutes

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
It's awesome for the dilettantes of fitness. In 90 days you can go from plump to pretty cut. Perfect for people who want to see fast results and it motivates one to continue the program. This is the first time I've ever had the semblance of a six pack - I still have a bit of stomach blubber, but I've got a completely flat and tight stomach.

And you can do it from home - avoiding the driving, parking, sweaty equipment, and towel flicking so common to most gyms.

I've been doing it but have been "cheating" here and there. For example, I don't do the complete ab or the kenpo. I need to start it again and do it seriously.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
I've been doing it but have been "cheating" here and there. For example, I don't do the complete ab or the kenpo. I need to start it again and do it seriously.
As annoying as Tony Horton is, his workouts can really create impressive results. I could barely do 2 chin ups when I started; now I can do 12 before failure. I'll change up the abs exercises with other ones I've found on Youtube - makes it less repetitious. I'll also have a cheat evening (Fridays) where I'll eat whatever I want. The balance ball abs exercises are easier on your back

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
finished the rest week of the first phase...

Feels good.

Took some pictures and it looks better than before I started...so that is a good sign (despite not following the diet plan)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out www.teamripped.com Dude has had some pretty stellar results and he has a bunch of great hybrid workouts up on there combining P90X, Insanity, One-on-One and P90X+.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thx for the link. Here's something interesting

Tony tore his bicep muscle completely from the bone last Sunday (a little over a week ago). While I initially didn't know how, I figured it was doing some difficult exercise move. He likes climbing ropes, using peg boards, and doing all sorts of challenging feats of his upper body strength and balance. He shared yesterday that he injured himself while doing "iron cross flys on rings with my feet on a stability ball".

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
"He shared yesterday that he injured himself while doing "iron cross flys on rings with my feet on a stability ball". [/I]

I've actually done this exercise before - minus the stability ball.

Pretty tough ****.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missed my first workout yesterday (day 19).
Results so far have been excellent, though--I feel much better than I did three weeks ago.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did an Insanity Asylum workout in place of P90X yesterday and it was a killer. It's all relentless movement and repetition, mostly body weight exercises. I'm really sore today.

MrOrph

Reaction score
the wife and i have been doing a sort of hybrid: we do 2 weeks insanity and 2 weeks p90x. in 4th week now. pretty intense.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my seventh week. Didn't miss a workout for the first 5 weeks then skipped a week due to lower back pain and a weekend trip to Vegas (but did workout a bit in Vegas). Missed Yoga and Kenpo last week but back at it in week 7. I like the results I've gotten so far. I'm not following the meal plan at all but am watching what I eat by eating healthier and approximating caloric intake. Also have gotten noticeable improvement in all workouts in terms of reps, weight, and overall fitness.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been doing the first week on repeat for a few months because I felt like it was a great challenge and I liked doing the same workouts every day of the week. The last two weeks I've noticed that my progress has slowed and the last two days have been nothing short of bonks. Should I rest a week or should I go to week two?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
I've been doing the first week on repeat for a few months because I felt like it was a great challenge and I liked doing the same workouts every day of the week. The last two weeks I've noticed that my progress has slowed and the last two days have been nothing short of bonks. Should I rest a week or should I go to week two?
Go to week 2 You've been doing the pullups? Those are killers.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's where I really noticed the muscle fatigue yesterday. I think doing that many pullups twice a week doesn't allow enough rest, especially between friday and monday. Of course, the program wasn't designed for pullups on two days rest. I should have followed the directions
ffffuuuu.gif

Will probably do arms (they need it) and yoga (I need it) the next two days since they are pretty low impact then switch to week 2

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Yeah, that's where I really noticed the muscle fatigue yesterday. I think doing that many pullups twice a week doesn't allow enough rest, especially between friday and monday. Of course, the program wasn't designed for pullups on two days rest. I should have followed the directions
ffffuuuu.gif

Will probably do arms (they need it) and yoga (I need it) the next two days since they are pretty low impact then switch to week 2

The official program is actually set up that way...you repeat "week 1" for the first 3 weeks and then do a rest week that cuts back on the lifting for cardio and core and then you move into week 5 which you repeat for 3 weeks...so if you want consistent workouts...you get them for 3 weeks at a time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads