• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kilgore
first off, major props to adele & mike for the super fast shipping and communication on my first Epaulet shirt. i got the white oxford and i'm definitely loving the quality and the blue contrast details on the collar and cuffs! but now i'm worried that it may be too big on me. my chest is 40" and shoulders 18" so i was split between going with my exact size on medium or going up on large to have enough room for movement. adele recommended i size up to large, since the oxfords can shrink and so that's what i got.

i'm not sure how much these would shrink, so i'm turning to you guys for your advice/opinion. should i try washing & machine drying to shrink, or am i better off exchanging for the medium? sorry about the crappy pics but hopefully you guys can get a fair idea of what i'm dealing with.

Originally Posted by pronxs
get a medium

Originally Posted by TKJTG
+10000

mediummediumediummedium
spam[1].gif

samsterdam

Reaction score
Just got my petrol blue and linen british khaki trousers. The petrol blue color is pretty cool, as in it actually lowers your body temperature a few degrees simply looking at it, which is dynamite for summer. And the linen is just ****.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I returned my size 33 Walt Super 120s medium grey trousers because they were too tight in the thigh and seat for me, and I just got my Rudy fit in the same size today. They fit like a dream...easily the best fitting OTR trousers I have ever bought. I'm definitely planning on getting some more in some other colors.

Any chance you will be getting more size 33 Rudy trousers up on the website? It looks like that size is unavailable in a lot of the selections (specifically the charcoal flannel and tropical wool charcoal). Also, a medium grey in a heavier weight would be nice too - there's a worsted flannel medium grey in the Walt fit, but not the Rudy right now.

One other question, will you ever be able to offer any Alden for Epaulet shoes in different widths? I need a 13A, and I like some of your selections, but unfortunately a D width is never going to fit my long, skinny foot.
mad.gif

Excellent, really glad that you dig the Rudy fit! We'll keep the Rudy in stock in Super 120's grey and Super 120's midnight blue. That fabric's only a bit heavier than the Tropical wool that we formerly used, so I think that you'll dig it as a summer trouser. I should have some cottons (Petrol Blue, etc) available too.

For Aldens, I wish that we could cover multiple widths, but it's just not possible given our size and stock ability. I think that I'll be able to run our Sewn by Hand shoes in widths via special orders through. We should be able to offer that in the Fall on our more popular styles.

Originally Posted by nycxandy
Hi Mike,

For your Walt cotton trousers (e.g., Petrol Blue: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Petrol/Detail and UK Stone: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...user-UK/Detail), it states that they are sized slightly larger than measurements to allow for shrinkage. Can you please provide an approximation of the difference between the pre- and post-wash sizes (especially the waist and thighs -- although I know the waist can be altered easily)? I'm looking at the size 30s.

Thanks,
Andy

Hey Andy,

You know what, I should really take that out. We no longer scale the sizing up on the cotton trousers - I had the experience that they don't really shrink at all provided that you don't put them in a dryer. You can buy the cotton trousers totally true to size.

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Here you go....The Walt was skin-tight on my butt and thighs, and the Rudy fits much better. They're still slim, not loose or baggy at all, but I looked like a clown in the Walt:

Perfect fit, they look great on you.

Originally Posted by edubs01
Mike-
Any updates on the new shirting?

Going live on Tuesday!

Originally Posted by kilgore
first off, major props to adele & mike for the super fast shipping and communication on my first Epaulet shirt. i got the white oxford and i'm definitely loving the quality and the blue contrast details on the collar and cuffs! but now i'm worried that it may be too big on me. my chest is 40" and shoulders 18" so i was split between going with my exact size on medium or going up on large to have enough room for movement. adele recommended i size up to large, since the oxfords can shrink and so that's what i got.

i'm not sure how much these would shrink, so i'm turning to you guys for your advice/opinion. should i try washing & machine drying to shrink, or am i better off exchanging for the medium? sorry about the crappy pics but hopefully you guys can get a fair idea of what i'm dealing with.

Thanks for picking up the shirt! I'll agree with everyone else, I think that the medium will be a better fit overall. Looks like you have quite a bit of room in both the chest and shoulders on the Large. Drop us an email and we can work that that exchange for you.

Originally Posted by samsterdam
Just got my petrol blue and linen british khaki trousers. The petrol blue color is pretty cool, as in it actually lowers your body temperature a few degrees simply looking at it, which is dynamite for summer. And the linen is just ****.

Awesome, really glad that you're pleased with them! The Linens truly are seriously ****.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
does this particular pain include the tassels in 8.5!?!?!?!?!?

Bet your ass. Holding a unit for you homeboy!

canal_overdub

Reaction score
I'm pretty much 40" in the chest and 18" in the shoulders and I have 2 white oxfords in M. I have not experience significant shrinking on these shirts. and yeah, judging by the pics, I'm gonna join the chorus "medium medium medium"

nbernie

Reaction score
Please tell me the jacket also comes without ticket pocket! Otherwise looks fantastic.

thebunk

Reaction score
I am in on the blazer as well as long there are sizes available by the time arrive on the 22nd. Being between sizes suck for online shopping.

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
New coat looks amazing, can't wait for the weekend to end!

Oh, and I didn't expect a ticket pocket, but I should have! Absolutely perfect!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads