• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Yup, with almost nothing in my size.
frown.gif

i guess i was lucky i snagged a 10.5d barrie v-tip

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
friends - a few months back when Mcarthur posted a pic of his ravello medallion captoes and we learned that they came from Alden of DC, some of us made some calls to Kathy at the store and requested that she re-make the shoe.

well, all the calls worked because Kathy did make an order for the shoe, due this fall.

Chatting with Kathy this week, she asked what special make-ups were on my wish list. I asked if she would consider an Indy boot in Whiskey with commando soles. She said that she would think about this as a possibility for Spring '12 delivery.

Mcarthur has a pair like this (not sure of the soles) and they are super-sweet. I believe his were made by LeatherSoul.

How 'bout it folks? Anyone interested in letting Kathy know we'd love to see that boot made up?

indy boot by tom
rwne5z.jpg

double leather sole

rkusmant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
indy boot by tom
rwne5z.jpg

double leather sole

Nice...
Called Kathy earlier today, gave her my phone number in case she decided to go with Whiskey Indy boots, we need more interest for her to order this one.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
Nice...
Called Kathy earlier today, gave her my phone number in case she decided to go with Whiskey Indy boots, we need more interest for her to order this one.

has anyone asked her about the other special order for ravello captoes?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
friends - a few months back when Mcarthur posted a pic of his ravello medallion captoes and we learned that they came from Alden of DC, some of us made some calls to Kathy at the store and requested that she re-make the shoe.

well, all the calls worked because Kathy did make an order for the shoe, due this fall.

Chatting with Kathy this week, she asked what special make-ups were on my wish list. I asked if she would consider an Indy boot in Whiskey with commando soles. She said that she would think about this as a possibility for Spring '12 delivery.

Mcarthur has a pair like this (not sure of the soles) and they are super-sweet. I believe his were made by LeatherSoul.

How 'bout it folks? Anyone interested in letting Kathy know we'd love to see that boot made up?

nevermind this answered me

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
+2

+ 3 for sure. Those are alot like the Leffot pair I posted earlier, but they have extra stitching near the top. Both are quite lovely.

As soon as some retailer say's they're going to make them I'll sign up immediately!

Here is the Leffot pair again...

Left-1-900x597.jpg

I emailed Steven and he asked for my size in case they decide to do another run so if other SFers are interested in a Ravello captoe boot as well maybe you all could email him too and we could make this boot happen again! (for less than the pair at Tassels would be due to them coming in internationally).

Email Steven at\t
[email protected]

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Which other one? The captoe as a boot?
No he's talking about the "mcarthur" make up as the "other special makeup (not the Whiskey Indy people are talking about) If you're interested in the Ravello captoe see my above post.

To add something to this thread, I snapped some pics of my Jcrew Alden captoes in the sun the other day.

IMG_5357.jpg

I just love the rich color of #8

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206

+ 3 for sure. Those are alot like the Leffot pair I posted earlier, but they have extra stitching near the top. Both are quite lovely.

As soon as some retailer say's they're going to make them I'll sign up immediately!

Left-1-900x597.jpg

I emailed Steven and he asked for my size in case they decide to do another run so if other SFers are interested in a Ravello captoe boot as well maybe you all could email him too and we could make this boot happen again! (for less than the pair at Tassels would be due to them coming in internationally).

Email Steven at\t
[email protected]

Would Steven do odd sizing for a special run of boots? I've asked him about putting my barrie last size (10 1/2 EE) for one of his orders and he wasn't too receptive.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
indy boot by tom
rwne5z.jpg

double leather sole

Stunning shoe Uncle.

Thanks to the folks showing some interest and calling Kathy. Maybe we can get this one made up. Would be a wonderful thing to look forward to 9 months from now!

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206

Left-1-900x597.jpg

Email Steven at\t
[email protected]

I like that one a lot. Would like it even better with a punched cap.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
More Whiskey Indy from Tom.
Seeing Mac's made me slip mine on today too.
whiskeyindy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads