• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ysl dress shirts (slim cut) x3, ysl forever lace dress shoes, and ysl casual pant.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artishard116
where'd you get those white apc's if you dont mind me asking? been looking for some.

Nordstrom, on sale too.

Originally Posted by APK
How many pants is that now, RFX?

I actually wasn't planning on getting the two APC denims but I was passing through the sales rack and saw them. I was getting tired of the Diors because it still hasn't stretched as much as I had hoped. I just hope I sized right on the APCs.

Originally Posted by eckblk
Did you go through with both pair of MA+?

No, they only had one of the two pairs in my size so I couldn't take advantage of the deal. I was just going to get one pair but with the tax they charge, it's better to just go with A. I copped some other derbies/blucher, less casual and not as baller as MA+, Augusta, etc... so I'll see how those turn out and then decide whether to move on to those.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
talking about casual derbies/bluchers, where do you guys kop brown ones? i am looking at mid-range (buttero, ndc, f+b) but cant find any for sale.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
talking about casual derbies/bluchers, where do you guys kop brown ones? i am looking at mid-range (buttero, ndc, f+b) but cant find any for sale.

Barneys Co-op brands is a good alternative, around $200-$250.

Margiela has some nice brown oxfords on sale though.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by threeLegDog
front row center tix to explosions in the sky.
bounce2.gif

did I miss something over the past 5 years or are they amazingly popular now or something? only bands on TV and **** get concerts where SEATS are talked about and I can't imagine post rock as a genre being popular enough for that

remember I'm in Korea and as of the time I left, post rock is only for bars and cheap punk venues

threeLegDog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
did I miss something over the past 5 years or are they amazingly popular now or something? only bands on TV and **** get concerts where SEATS are talked about and I can't imagine post rock as a genre being popular enough for that

remember I'm in Korea and as of the time I left, post rock is only for bars and cheap punk venues

They entered my radar last year via some Zune/Pandora "you might like this" rec and I took it from there.

I don't think they are that big just yet -- I'll have to travel to Spokane from Seattle to hear them.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
explosions are the biggest post-rock band, they have their music in friday night lights and countless other tv shows, movies and commercials. but they are still a post rock band lol, they usually play 400-500 capacity venues though they occasionally play outdoor concerts, big concert halls, festivals etc. where you seeing them three leg? I got tickets to see them at Sonar in October
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They did a big festival tour last year, iirc. Wouldn't exactly call them big, but they have a decently strong following. Was more surprised by the hubbub over a Wombats show in Seattle tonight. Would never have thought they had that big of a following, though the show was hyped by a radio station that I've never heard play any Wombats songs. Annoyed that the show is 21+
frown.gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were in an Apple commercial as well, right? Definitely not 'amazingly popular' but their music is more pop-crowd-friendly (not a bad thing or a good thing) than Godspeed or Mogwai or etc.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forgot those dudes even existed. anyone remember the cooper temple clause lol

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Explosions In The Sky.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I've always wondered how an Explosions concert would work, or any post-rock band's concert for that matter.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Explosions In The Sky.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I've always wondered how an Explosions concert would work, or any post-rock band's concert for that matter.

I like me some post rock, but concerts can feel quite monotonous and long IMO. Have seen Godspeed, Do Make SAY Think, Mogwai, Explosions, and had the same feeling each time. I really enjoy all of their recorded music.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads