• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

produceguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by candycantaloupe
First timer here. I wanna look cool for my girl. Give me some tips? She says I dress too sloppy.

fancy creams and lotions

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Help me pick an aviator sunglasses from the following pictures, any other suggestions are also welcome.

2hi5bpk.jpg

qx9t12.jpg

20tsbk8.jpg

292utcl.jpg

1zbyuli.jpg

24x0w1k.jpg

1zmmadv.jpg

wb49qd.jpg

Smudge

Reaction score
Indesertum, for the price you can do much worse than those Herring Knightsbridge. I ordered a pair and they arrived last week. Very happy with them. They are made by Loake to 1880 (sf approved) standards. Good luck with the interview.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to get Edward Green near Los Angeles area?

omgcookielol

Reaction score
Are shearling jackets and cashmere-wool blend coats overkill for San Diego winters?
I live close to the coast, so it does get (relatively) cold, windy, and wet. Just not sure how other people would percieve me for wearing these things in San Diego.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
Help me pick an aviator sunglasses from the following pictures, any other suggestions are also welcome.

It's impossible to choose the best sunglasses for you without seeing them on your face. Saying that, they're all pretty similar, so just pick the ones you think look best?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by omgcookielol
Are shearling jackets and cashmere-wool blend coats overkill for San Diego winters?
I live close to the coast, so it does get (relatively) cold, windy, and wet. Just not sure how other people would percieve me for wearing these things in San Diego.

Relativly light cashmere coats exist. But in the end you'll have to decide how much wear you'll get out it and if it's worth the price. I have coats I might wear five times a winter. They'll last forever if nothing eats them
laugh.gif
but they wouldn't be the first thing I'd buy. If you have the basics covered then it might make sense

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of building a business wardrobe. Mostly it will consist of decent but cheap suits from the FS forum, and one TaT suit. I plan on slowly introducing more MTM as I can afford them, and years from now, a fully bespoke suit. However, am I crazy for considering a bespoke navy or charcoal sport coat? While not full business wear, it'd definitely be on the main pinnings of my wardrobe, and great for both casual with jeans or on weekdays with solid odd trousers.

Is this a solid investment this early on, or should I wait several years until I have a more full closet before I buy something like this?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
I'm in the midst of building a business wardrobe. Mostly it will consist of decent but cheap suits from the FS forum, and one TaT suit. I plan on slowly introducing more MTM as I can afford them, and years from now, a fully bespoke suit. However, am I crazy for considering a bespoke navy or charcoal sport coat? While not full business wear, it'd definitely be on the main pinnings of my wardrobe, and great for both casual with jeans or on weekdays with solid odd trousers.

Is this a solid investment this early on, or should I wait several years until I have a more full closet before I buy something like this?

I think it depends on some things. Are you required to wear a suit everyday? How many suits do you need ? Financial situation?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito

The most important factor is the shape of your face, so it's hard to offer suggestions that will actually work for you.

The Thin Man

Reaction score

The Thin Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gauss17
Does Allen Edmonds (The company itself) ever have sales in their shoes or offer promotion codes on their website? I see there is a space for it, but obviously I don't have one. I remember someone on AAAC mentioning there was some discount when he purchased some MTO shoes and I would like to do the same thing, but the extra $125 or so is making me waiver. I wish to purchase some custom leeds, but would much rather pay around $325 than $450.

Even if they had sales, I highly doubt they would offer them on MTO items. Custom and discounts rarely if ever meet.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
It's impossible to choose the best sunglasses for you without seeing them on your face. Saying that, they're all pretty similar, so just pick the ones you think look best?

Originally Posted by Gibonius
The most important factor is the shape of your face, so it's hard to offer suggestions that will actually work for you.

Well, all four sunglasses are in the same size and their shape suits my face well. I just want to know which one out of them looks the best to you guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads