• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fw11 was shown months ago dude and stores made their buys months ago as well. the "question" is will there be spring12 and the answer looks like yes. I am also curious though who stepped up to keep the company going.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
fw11 was shown months ago dude and stores made their buys months ago as well. the "question" is will there be spring12 and the answer looks like yes. I am also curious though who stepped up to keep the company going.

ah my bad ARW, i meant to ask 'is the fw11 collection going to be produced after all'. when i google 'raf simons fall 2011' all i could find is this style.com article
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...fall_2011.html
which says "He also canceled all appointments with buyers this week, since it's unclear when he'll be able to deliver any orders without a manufacturer." i was hoping to find updates on that but had no luck googling... if stores already made their buys then i guess that means he was able to find a manufacturer after all
happy.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he scaled back heaps IIRC, FW11 buys for aloha rag are on thier blog, jacquard knits look good and so do a few of the outerwear pieces

He really needs to drop Raf by Raf as it has devolved into **** jersey hoodies and badly washed jawnz. He is doing a reproduction line, remaking previous garments from old seasons. This would be awesome, especially if he does metallic knits and the double layer bomber, all of which I will kop.

Having sneakers in good colorways would be nice too but with rappers buying garish sneakers before nice ones it'll never happen

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget the much awaited Raf Simons houseware line !!! I don't think "scalling back" is in his vocabulary.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
let's not forget the much awaited Raf Simons houseware line !!!

metallic bowls!
drool.gif

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Kollaps naperons and neoprene aprons. It's The Houseware line by Raf Simons. "

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my god, I need to learn how to cook so i can rock a neoprene apron!! (0)
laugh.gif
edit: drew, have you finished your cookbook yet?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I am currently having a problem with a seller and I would like to ask for some advice on how we can resolve this amicably. I purchased a bracelet from abroad (Australia), and upon receiving the package today, I received a ripped, empty padded envelope encased in a separate USPS envelope (presumably to cover the ripped envelope). I asked the seller for a refund, which I think I am entitled to, as I did not receive what I was promised upon paying for the merchandise. He says that it is a USPS error and that I should contact them about it (obviously, there is an infinitesimal chance of the bracelet from showing up). However, is it not the responsibility of the seller to properly package and insure goods before shipping it out? I believe this problem would not have arose if the seller had used, say, a taped box instead of a padded envelope. Am I entitled to my refund, or do you think the seller is in the right here? Thank you for your advice.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
i'm going to NYC tomorrow, what clothing related **** should i check out? my hotel is in Chelsea...

Hollywars

Reaction score
Soho has a ton of stores that you'd probably be interested in, it also has one of the only Uniqlo's in America.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hollywars
Soho has a ton of stores that you'd probably be interested in, it also has one of the only Uniqlo's in America.

names? i was headed to uniqlo anyway but what's good around there besides apc?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
names? i was headed to uniqlo anyway but what's good around there besides apc?
On my recent trip, I hit Opening Ceremony, Odin, Aloha Rag, checked out All Saints, Atelier and the RO boutique. I saw Mercer st but I couldn't remember what was on it so I missed APC
frown.gif
Walked past Bloomingdales, that might be worth a stop. Didn't bother going to Uniqlo. Did take the train and hit Barney's after walking around central park for a while. Bergdorf's is really close to there too. I'll let the natives tell you what's up though. Barney's is pretty impressive just to see all that **** in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads