• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
How hard is it to teach people to post on SF and take naps?

It's hard because teaching them about it prevents me from posting on SF and taking naps.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the higher ups on my floor has a standing desk. I really want one of those, surely there are some taxpayer funds laid aside for these sorts of things.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hitachi.

I bought a Hitachi big screen TV a few years ago. We had nothing but problems with it. After the warranty ran out we determined that they knew of a major problem with those TV's which they refused to fix or acknowledge at the time. The replacement part is about 1/2 the cost of the TV. When they refused to do anything I promised to tell 500 people about them. This should be a good start.

**** you, Hitachi.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is it with all these television problems? Plebes. All of you.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the renewal notice from my landlord today...They want a 6% bump on the rent (on top of a big jump last year). I kind of want to stay for another year but it is pushing me to the point where it would be worth moving.

I googled it and it turns out that my property management company is the biggest slum lord in chicago--I have just been lucky that my building has a really nice on site maintenance guy so I never deal with the management company.

I've been thinking about moving to another neighborhood (maybe down by where kyle was living) in a year and I could push that up now but I have been noticing that a lot of the neighborhoods don't really have lots of 1BR units. I don't want to move in my current neighborhood as I will probably have to pay more rent+moving costs=might as well just eat the rent increase.

There are a lot of really nice places in my budget as a 2BR with split rent...but I don't think I want a roommate again (and would probably have to find a random one at this point).

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Got the renewal notice from my landlord today...They want a 6% bump on the rent (on top of a big jump last year). I kind of want to stay for another year but it is pushing me to the point where it would be worth moving.

I googled it and it turns out that my property management company is the biggest slum lord in chicago--I have just been lucky that my building has a really nice on site maintenance guy so I never deal with the management company.

I've been thinking about moving to another neighborhood (maybe down by where kyle was living) in a year and I could push that up now but I have been noticing that a lot of the neighborhoods don't really have lots of 1BR units. I don't want to move in my current neighborhood as I will probably have to pay more rent+moving costs=might as well just eat the rent increase.

There are a lot of really nice places in my budget as a 2BR with split rent...but I don't think I want a roommate again (and would probably have to find a random one at this point).

hahahaha i read a good chunk of those yelp reviews. wow.. i dont think ive ever seen such consistent, NEGATIVE reviews.

how is that company still in business? someone should just collect evidence of their illegal activities and sue the **** out of them.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just as my foot was healing and getting a lot better, i went in to boston for an interview and was walking around just fine without my crutches. after about an hour of walking, i experienced a sudden jolt of pain in my foot again, and now im back to square one: with crutches.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Found out my bonus at work is getting cut to about 1/4 of what it was
ffffuuuu.gif
Time to search for a new job

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
just as my foot was healing and getting a lot better, i went in to boston for an interview and was walking around just fine without my crutches. after about an hour of walking, i experienced a sudden jolt of pain in my foot again, and now im back to square one: with crutches.

frown.gif

Interview went well atleast?
eh.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I hate my life. **** my life. ****. This message was brought to you by alcohol.
Teh whiskey dick? My job is making me hate my life. No escape, consumes my grease soaked life.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mandrake9072
frown.gif

Interview went well atleast?
eh.gif

yeah, i think so. it was for an internship that im not very interested in, so that actually helped with the nerves and allowed me to perform better.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Teh whiskey dick?

My job is making me hate my life. No escape, consumes my grease soaked life.

Dude, it's okay to hate your job, but when it spills over to your life, it's time to try something else.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
missed out on a girl?
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Teh whiskey dick? My job is making me hate my life. No escape, consumes my grease soaked life.
Thankfully, no. Just an endless stream of bullshit and the alcohol was making me feel down in the dumps.
Originally Posted by Thomas
Dude, it's okay to hate your job, but when it spills over to your life, it's time to try something else.
So do I search for a new life then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads