• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

King Leer

Reaction score
Shameless Plug, check the signature; got a Jackrabbit shirt from RRL as they got one left but not my size. Figured I'd share the love to the Styleforum.

Anyone check out the new selections yet? not too bad!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the RRL section like at the new flagship? Any better than the dedicated Prince St location?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i didnt have my eye on anything specific, but there's definitely more of a selection. more denim for sure. the RRL space is 2x as big.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
RRL wrangler repros that I just got in the mail from prajna- 30x32, I think I will get the inseam altered as I think they look weird cuffed with cowboy boots and I typically take a size 30 inseam. They're also considerably looser than most sz 30 jeans in the waist, don't know if it is possible to get them taken in there or something.. they're sanforized but I will do a hot soak nonetheless and see what I get. Also, comparing them to actual Wrangler slim cowboy cut (the jean that they're intended to reproduce) in the same waist size, they're actually looser with a slightly lower rise. Not that many people here would wear such non-SF approved denim.
teacha.gif
Boots are Luccheses - going two stepping tonight, have 3 pairs of boots like this so I got these specifically to wear with that sort of shoe. My other pair of jeans are Levis Matchstick (also dry selvedge) and they just look silly trying to fit them on top of boots. Overall pretty satisfied with the look of them although we'll see post alterations.
qlp3j.jpg

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Yeah- I figured it would be too western for SF. I don't feel too bad, though. I'm a native Texan going out in Austin to go country western dancing... So at least it matches the decor. Most days, even with boots are not nearly as influenced.

srgprod

Reaction score
Polo private sale is on.

30-50% off on RRL Heartland, Lighthouse, etc. Windships and Kon Tiki are excluded.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
Polo private sale is on.

30-50% off on RRL Heartland, Lighthouse, etc. Windships and Kon Tiki are excluded.

woah, already? The thing I got in the mail for the 40% off deal starts June 7th.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
Polo private sale is on.

Awesome... Sigh, how nice it would be to have an RRL nearby.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Awesome... Sigh, how nice it would be to have an RRL nearby.
the nearest RRL is 1.5 hours away. I consider myself lucky

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What should be the back rise of size 32 low straights ? I asked prajna to measure the back rise for a jeans I am interested in and he measured it as 13". That seems too short to me, even for low straights ...

paul_s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What should be the back rise of size 32 low straights ? I asked prajna to measure the back rise for a jeans I am interested in and he measured it as 13". That seems too short to me, even for low straights ...

I have a pair in my closet that are one rinse, never been washed, worn a few times and using http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...tent&task=view they are much closer to 15 inches.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I work with a guy at Polo that is headed down to the LBV outlet store outside of Orlando. I believe this is the biggest Polo outlet with whole walls of PSR or RRL and PL. Needless to say, I am giving him some money. Last guy that went down there, was able to pick up 3 pairs of RRL chains in his size all for less than 20 dollars a piece.

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
I work with a guy at Polo that is headed down to the LBV outlet store outside of Orlando. I believe this is the biggest Polo outlet with whole walls of PSR or RRL and PL. Needless to say, I am giving him some money. Last guy that went down there, was able to pick up 3 pairs of RRL chains in his size all for less than 20 dollars a piece.
I usually hit the 2 bigger premium outlet malls here in Orlando once a month to check and one of them usually has a handful of RRL pieces but in the sales racks and the Barneys Outlet in the same mall has a few. The LBV stores I've never even known about... must check out this weekend. Thanks for posting that
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads