• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Bridesmaid and Hangover 2. Both funny as hell.

+1 for Bridesmaids. Hilarious! Watched "The Conspirator", wanted to hang myself - incredibly depressing.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm hearing enough good things about Bridesmaids that I may just catch a matinee sometime.

Saw Cave of Forgotten Dreams on Sunday. When Werner injects himself and makes himself part of the story, it really really suffers. Thankfully that is no more than 10% of the film and when he does it is only momentarily. See it in 3D if you can. I didn't.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw Lincoln Lawyer a couple weeks ago. Pretty intense.
Sort of difficult to see Matthew McConaughey as a lawyer, it kept my interest the whole time.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I'm hearing enough good things about Bridesmaids that I may just catch a matinee sometime.

Saw Cave of Forgotten Dreams on Sunday. When Werner injects himself and makes himself part of the story, it really really suffers. Thankfully that is no more than 10% of the film and when he does it is only momentarily. See it in 3D if you can. I didn't.

I'm dying to see this in 3D.

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Sort of difficult to see Matthew McConaughey as a lawyer, it kept my interest the whole time.

I'm looking forward to seeing this, I really liked the book.

Lord Byron

Reaction score
"Even the Rain" is a superb film, in Spanish with English subtitles. "Mesrine" is a two part , true story crime epic, in French with English subtitles. "Starmaker" is a great Italian film.

Anything by French director Luc Besson. Feel free to inquire. I know a little about film.

http://lordbyronsrevenge.blogspot.com/

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
I'm looking forward to seeing this, I really liked the book.

I hope you enjoy it. The only other Michael Connelly book that I am aware of being made into a film was Blood Work, starring Clint Eastwood, which was a horrible effort.

mellow

Reaction score
Killer+of+Sheep2.jpg

mellow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
I re-watched Mulholland Drive yesterday evening with some friends. I'd almost forgotten how much I love that movie. My head is still spinning in a million directions. Great stuff.

Love that one, gets better every time I see it. The dialogue in the board room, the casting interview, the "silencio" night club scene, the cowboy character, when he takes that golf club to the limousine, it's all perfect. I felt like I understood the satire and mechanics of the movie on second viewing. Same experience with American Psycho. Was a little bewildered the first time I saw it, but the second time I was just laughing almost the whole way through.

Check out Amistad if you haven't already. The movie's great for a number of other reasons, but he's also a lawyer in that one.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy it. The only other Michael Connelly book that I am aware of being made into a film was Blood Work, starring Clint Eastwood, which was a horrible effort.

I didn't hate Blood Work, but it sure could have been better.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't hate Blood Work, but it sure could have been better.
Last twenty minutes or so is pretty bad. Still more watchable than either of the movies Clint won all the Oscars for.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Last twenty minutes or so is pretty bad. Still more watchable than either of the movies Clint won all the Oscars for.

Yep, it goes completely off the rails towards the end. Jeff Daniels was incredibly miscast.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeff Daniels was incredibly miscast.

Bingo. I wish Daniels would work more. I like him. Kind of weird when you're known for your dramatic acting, but your crowning achievement in cinema is taking a dump.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Bingo. I wish Daniels would work more. I like him. Kind of weird when you're known for your dramatic acting, but your crowning achievement in cinema is taking a dump.

laugh.gif

I like him too. I think my favorite Daniels movie is a very underrated picture called "Timescape" (aka Grand Tour: Disaster in Time).

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re-watching Gran Torino on TNT. Absolutely love this movie. In an ideal world I see myself living life as an old man the way Walt Kowalski did.

The dialog between Walt and the barber is priceless.

Aren't too many other movies with a better set of racial slurs either.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re-watching Gran Torino on TNT. Absolutely love this movie. In an ideal world I see myself living life as an old man the way Walt Kowalski did.

The dialog between Walt and the barber is priceless.

Aren't too many other movies with a better set of racial slurs either.

I thought Gran Torino was fun but it was the most hilariously ham fisted attempt at racial dialogue I've ever seen. It was almost as naive as "Crash", frankly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads