• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE Club for JUNE 2011

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's here! It's here! The OFFICIAL SF NO PURCHASE Club for JUNE 2011 Lockdown starts at midnight Sunday June 05, 2011. This means you have the weekend to get it out of your system if you must. We start on Monday. Rules are simple: 1) Mend at least TWO things this month of June (sew buttons, hem pants, polish shoes, etc). 2) Spend not one cent on clothing or clothing-related items for yourself. 3) There is no Rule 3 If you have store credits or coupons, donate them to family or friends but you can't use them. There will be no emergency allowances at all, period. There will be no late entries. You can do this, so sign up now. In echange for your loyalty, we'll take July & August off and reconvene in September. Can you do one more month? Will you try? Are you willing to suffer, and save for the summer? Who's with me?!!!!!........Arrrrghhhhh......!
smile.gif
blush.gif
tinfoil.gif
confused.gif
plain.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
bounce2.gif

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Man Of Lint;4541789 said:
3) You must deny yourself the use of your favourite shoes for this month.

In like Flynn except for the above. Need to keep the rotation going.

This is about finding strength in numbers not to spend $$$, rather than massochism.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im out this month. sorry

adagio

Reaction score
I might give it a go again this month. Did very well last month but went bananas on Wednesday (1st). Bought a pair of linen pants, two linen shirts, pair of Cheaney Highgrove, three polos and four pairs of shorts. I have to pick up and pay for some alterations tomorrow so I might well sign up on Sunday.
laugh.gif
Gave up my fave shoes last month though, so not looking forward to that part.

Duppy

Reaction score
I'm in. I'm done way too much damage to my bank account over the last month. Time for a some self restraint. LOL

JGloger

Reaction score
Sign me up. I broke down about halfway through last month and purchased 3 pairs of Allen Edmonds and a few shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt.
facepalm.gif

The last thing I need to do this month is spend more money, so count me in.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In again. I'll not wear my Barrie Bootmaker LTD Shell PTBs.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in with the exception of rule #3 and possibly purchasing a pair of linen pants from H&M for summer. Those are dirt cheap, so I give myself green light for that.

barzen

Reaction score
I'm in as well. My first month trying this out. I may skip rule #3 because I don't own that many pairs of shoes and taking one out of the rotation would not be good for the others....or that's my rationalization, at least!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, #3 is not feasible simply because I do not have a favorite pair of shoes, I love all of my children equally!
confused.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LEVOOSH
3) You must deny yourself the use of your favourite shoes for this month. In like Flynn except for the above. Need to keep the rotation going. This is about finding strength in numbers not to spend $$$, rather than massochism.
Going without builds character and makes you appreciate what you have, even more. Just imagine how thrilled you'll be to wear your favourite shoes after a month of withdrawl. Hope you re-consider by Sunday night
smile.gif
As for myself, I forgot to state which shoes I won't wear this month, so let's see... my most expensive shoes are 2 pair of Campanile...but what I enjoy even more are my monkstraps, so instead of listing them, I'll go without my monkstraps, all of them, and the Campaniles.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Also, #3 is not feasible simply because I do not have a favorite pair of shoes, I love all of my children equally!
confused.gif

Aww c'mon Ace...pick a pair, pick 2 pair so they can keep each other company.
Take Lufty as your inspiration (and I would like to see a photo of those boots).

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Aww c'mon Ace...pick a pair, pick 2 pair so they can keep each other company.
Take Lufty as your inspiration (and I would like to see a photo of those boots).

Are you saying I can't wear my wine suede sm chukkas, my vass loafers or my zegna xxx monkstraps?!
crazy.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duppy
I'm in. I'm done way too much damage to my bank account over the last month. Time for a some self restraint. LOL

+1. but I don't understand rule #3. I would think that abstaining from your favorite pair would tempt you to purchase a similar one. also, what if your favorite pair is your only pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics