• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How was Katniss?
bounce2.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
How was Katniss?
bounce2.gif

Sadly, disappointing. You'd think being naked and painted blue would be hot but she is no Rebecca Romjin, sorry. Her face looks extra chunky with the blue make-up too and her red hair in her Mystique form is just ridiculous. You might like it though, she was ok but I was expecting hotter I guess. Beast wasn't very beastly eaither, looked like an overgrown blue kitten. This movie will also make you say "WTF!" based on their interactions with each other and their relationships from this movie to the first 3 films.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I meant her acting. :\\

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I meant her acting. :\\

Sure...
laugh.gif

Nonetheless, her acting was ok, nothing impressive since her role really isn't as big as some may expect. By that I mean she didn't have much chance to shine since it is mostly about Charles and Erik.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How was HulaHoop? Er, Havok?

lol8[1].gif

Terribad. I honestly have no idea why they keep changing their powers and how they work, it;s like Marvel hates the Summers family because Scott powers were all messed up too. Is it so difficult to keep their powers accurate? I doubt it would change the story much if they can keep the fans happy with this little details, it's like the writers never read the comics before.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'd probably rank this on the same level as Thor or maybe slightly about it because the story is much better on this one.

Thor was pretty mediocre, so I don't consider that a good sign.

Definitely gonna see this movie, but my hopes are calibrated to "Moderate."

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
..it's like the writers never read the comics before.

Whoa, whoa. You're wandering into Rambo territory.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

Terribad. I honestly have no idea why they keep changing their powers and how they work, it;s like Marvel hates the Summers family because Scott powers were all messed up too. Is it so difficult to keep their powers accurate? I doubt it would change the story much if they can keep the fans happy with this little details, it's like the writers never read the comics before.

Scott is in the movie as well?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Scott is in the movie as well?
Well... he was on the first 3 films and they did him dirty by killing him. I guess Cable wouldn't exist but chances are they'd probably change his history and make him Capt. Americas son instead.
Whoa, whoa. You're wandering into Rambo territory.
My fault... I still like the movie though so I won't be straying to that field completely. And I really thought Thor was pretty good and entertaining. Cast was awesome and for an Origins story, it was just plain out good. I won't go into is since I already reviewed it in the other thread but I really enjoyed it.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the best part was the red band trailer for the girl with the dragon tattoo.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
the best part was the red band trailer for the girl with the dragon tattoo.

My theater had the stupid Mr. Poppers Penguins trailer.
facepalm.gif
What has the Riddler dug himself into.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... he was on the first 3 films and they did him dirty by killing him. I guess Cable wouldn't exist but chances are they'd probably change his history and make him Capt. Americas son instead.

My fault... I still like the movie though so I won't be straying to that field completely.

And I really thought Thor was pretty good and entertaining. Cast was awesome and for an Origins story, it was just plain out good. I won't go into is since I already reviewed it in the other thread but I really enjoyed it.

Thor was ******* sexy. I don't remember the third movie. Did they really kill Scott? Why the **** would they do that? Scott IS the X-Men. And WTF was up with them dumping Jean before they fleshed out the Phoenix saga?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Thor was ******* sexy. I don't remember the third movie. Did they really kill Scott? Why the **** would they do that? Scott IS the X-Men. And WTF was up with them dumping Jean before they fleshed out the Phoenix saga?

That was the Phoenix saga.
lol8[1].gif

And yah, they killed him, made Jean kill him too. Dude was practically a cry baby through the whole series. Such a shame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads