• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tween those Junya pants look great, same with those trainers. Slack, entire fit is on point, think I need a pair of those Geller shoes Thanks for the comments, heres a couple detail shots as requested: geller shirt at maccas
ZyCym.jpg
pants are trousers, made of a lightweight satiny cotton.
E6SUY.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you got a josh brolin vibe going with your MC fits. Your MC fits crush your SWD fits, for sure. The saddleback doesn't really jive with how elegant some of your MC fits are, though.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
you got a josh brolin vibe going with your MC fits. Your MC fits crush your SWD fits, for sure. The saddleback doesn't really jive with how elegant some of your MC fits are, though.
+`1 also, really like the material on that suit

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Slack's fits with the CP's more than the MMM's.

Then again i've never really understood the appeal of painted GATS

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Your MC fits crush your SWD fits, for sure.

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Then again i've never really understood the appeal of painted GATS

oh B(

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roller coaster steez
disney.jpg
Acne Dior CP

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
ontracks.jpg

bottoms.jpg
ShoeDetail.jpg

w+h geller margiela

great stuff. im going to have to consider those shorts(love the shade of green)...my nom de guerre are a bit tight for me now
redface.gif
did you go with a 44 or 46? pm's welcome
spam[1].gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the critiques and compliments, you'all! Been trying to branch out just a tad label wise,...while still clinging onto my casual/conservative/versatile&wearable visual vibe and aesthetic, that I mostly achieved in the past from wings.. snow - I can't recommend the shorts enough. They're a 44 for your reference and would fit a 27"-31" (That's a guess. If a 31" waist wanted a little room, a 46 would be the correct size in the flight shorts imo..). Thank you for all of your sizing advice in the past as well around geller, et al. I know you have plenty yourself, but the quality and detail of the pieces are really cool. And you were very right when you said (in PM I believe) that the geller stuff is generally pretty 'easy to wear' in comparison to some other manufacturers of the same price points and ilk. The line for the most part is reasonably grounded and safe enough for me to wear. (It's been exposed that while I may have a young face, I may be a little older than some think!
laugh.gif
) painted gats i know are a hot topic of debate, but I really, really like them. So much so I got another pair of different margielas as soon as I got these. I think the paint just adds a little bit of fun & texture when in the mood and while I don't consider them 'offensive to the eyes' - I would say they are much less so in person, if you are on the anti-painted side of the house. A welcome break from slim n sleek CP's. Love them both though and would like to have a healthy balance of both sneakers..

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slack: ok i get it now. It's like a brogued wingtip vs. a captoe for an MC suit fit.

I just can't get over how it just looks like you accidentally walked through a bukakke film shoot. Then again, I haven't seen them in person.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I, and the majority of SF, dislike sandals but honestly I give you props for making them work.
Thanks a lot. Like I said before, all I ever used to wear were sandals and it's just recently I started paying attention to shoes other than dress shoes for wearing with suits and some other local traditional stuff. Still two more sandal purchases to make this year and then I think I should be good (aside from impulse purchases
laugh.gif
).

Tween: Loving that junya jacket. Might have to grab something similar ^^. Cool look overall.

Slack Tide: I like this look as well, I have a bit of a problem with the pull cords in the front, but that's more of a personal preference tbh. About to grab the Field shorts by Geller so glad to see your comments on his stuff (first Geller purchase!). I like the painted GATs as well.

nicelynice: That shirt is very nice and sits well on you.

aeglus: Really like your suit fits. This is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads