• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
do any of the mason martin marigela leather jackets ever go on sale anywhere?
i am debating between one of those full zip ones or a belstaff brad jacket.

This one is 40% off at the Margiela e-boutique right now and 50% off at MrPorter:
nOaXl.jpg

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
p2p is around 18"-18.5". It'll stretch where there are more stress or pulling so likely in the sleeves and shoulders. And chest if I wear it zipped up. Lamb is more prone to stretching since it is thinner and more pliable. I don't think it'l stretch much, maybe by .5"-1" the most.

lets say the p2p measurement is 18 and it stretches 1 inch. so are you saying the p2p measurement will become 18.5? or is it 19? It wasn't clear if you were referring to p2p or circumference.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
lets say the p2p measurement is 18 and it stretches 1 inch. so are you saying the p2p measurement will become 18.5? or is it 19? It wasn't clear if you were referring to p2p or circumference.

There really isn't an accurate number, those are guesses but it will stretch a bit. It shouldn't matter if it's by p2p or as the whole circumference. I can let you know once I get more wear out of it although it is getting hot so it won't be seeing many wears in the near future.

Emixam

Reaction score
even if the P2P stretches the jacket looks tight at shoulders and sleeves.

flyguy7

Reaction score
pickup from Yoox came in. First RO and I like it better than I thought I would, pics don't do it justice at all. Only gripe is that the slim fit is making the pockets flare a bit. As I figured the sleeves are extremely tight, though not as bad as my last TOJ in calf that I had to sell.

o33qS.jpg

d1rTA.jpg

K6Ern.jpg

Binker

Reaction score
i think you might have yourself convinced youre a couple sizes smaller than you are... youre a beast brah, buy bigger ****

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yea, looks like your about to bust out of that jacket in the arms

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fits good nothin you can do bout dem lats.

Originally Posted by flyguy7
pickup from Yoox came in. First RO and I like it better than I thought I would, pics don't do it justice at all. Only gripe is that the slim fit is making the pockets flare a bit. As I figured the sleeves are extremely tight, though not as bad as my last TOJ in calf that I had to sell.

o33qS.jpg

d1rTA.jpg

K6Ern.jpg

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That looks even smaller on you than the stooges did on rfx. Don't know what size you got there but there's a L on yoox as well.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it fits fine, he just have big arms but the body fits well. Kunk pretty wears his the same way.

But then again I have sizing issues myself so. . .
Although I think the issue with my sizing is more the style of the jacket that it is suppose to fit looser while intarsias are suppose to fit closer to the body.

flyguy7

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Think I'm gonna agree with big Kunk and keep it. Its tight in some areas but I don't think sizing up is the answer, and from some fits of RO Leathers that I've seen it's pretty close. As rfx pointed out the lamb has some stretch to it.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look good, too small. Needs to drape a bit IMO.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
your issue is the assymetric zip. xs in any thing else would have fit

Originally Posted by RFX45
I think it fits fine, he just have big arms but the body fits well. Kunk pretty wears his the same way.

But then again I have sizing issues myself so. . .
Although I think the issue with my sizing is more the style of the jacket that it is suppose to fit looser while intarsias are suppose to fit closer to the body.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the Intarsia looks pretty good tight, looks good
Nuthin' you can do about pocket flare either, mine does the same thing and I'm pretty small

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads